Thread: 2011 5.7 big cam with misfires

Potential Tuner

2011 5.7 big cam with misfires

Having some troubles with misfires on 3 cylinders and I have exhausted all diagnostics procedures. It has good compression and spark.
    Could this problem be coming from an issue in the tune? The log files are short because as soon as it drops to idle the check engine light starts flashing and it falls on its face. Hope someone can shed some light on this, it is literally driving me mad. TIA

11challengerHRT3CamHeaders-3.hpthrtcam-5.hplhrtcam-6.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Forgot to post specs.

Cam: 632/619 lift with 224/234 duration @ .050

Mods:
    Intake
    Ported Heads
    Throttle body
    Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by toxic5.7 View Post
    Having some troubles with misfires on 3 cylinders and I have exhausted all diagnostics procedures. It has good compression and spark.
    Could this problem be coming from an issue in the tune? The log files are short because as soon as it drops to idle the check engine light starts flashing and it falls on its face. Hope someone can shed some light on this, it is literally driving me mad. TIA

11challengerHRT3CamHeaders-3.hpthrtcam-5.hplhrtcam-6.hpl
    I didn?t look at the tune but it?s well known that cams with alot of overlap and harsh idle will trigger the misfire detection and your best bet is to go to engine diag and raise the misfire detection to 3000 or more that will take care of it , nothing you can do this is how cams are

Quote Originally Posted by toxic5.7 View Post
    Forgot to post specs.

Cam: 632/619 lift with 224/234 duration @ .050

Mods:
    Intake
    Ported Heads
    Throttle body
    Long tubes
    what mfg is this cam? also what springs are you using. just wondering on springs options for my cam set up.