Thread: Interesting comment on Livernois cammed C8 YouTube video

Advanced Tuner

Interesting comment on Livernois cammed C8 YouTube video

Thought you guys might fiond this funny.

Last I checked, HPTuners hasnt unlocked the C8 Corvette, right? Well, Livernois posted this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH5ECxCqjXg

When asked how they were able to tune it, this was their response. I find it kind of INCREDIBLE that they were able to pull this off BEFORE HP Tuners. ALL HAIL LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS!

Im kidding. Just playing...

Livernois can go to you know where. After my experience with them, I will never ever spend money with them ever again. And now theyre spewing ALTERNATIVE FACTS. Unless theyre using a piggy-back system, someone please tell them to stop lying. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    likely using a piggyback or standalone setup, likely not tuning the oem ecm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    likely using a piggyback or standalone setup, likely not tuning the oem ecm.
    I figured. But to say "we have proprietary blah blah blah" is comical. They couldnt even give me cam specs on their cam I used to run to set my injector timing correctly. They told me "you need our tune" but they lock your computer(s). Screw that. They haven't invented or improved the wheel at all.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I figured. But to say "we have proprietary blah blah blah" is comical. They couldnt even give me cam specs on their cam I used to run to set my injector timing correctly. They told me "you need our tune" but they lock your computer(s). Screw that. They haven't invented or improved the wheel at all.
    agree with you dude