Thread: Skim got me.. Help

Skim got me.. Help

Hey guys my car is down at the moment. We disconnected the battery the other day and tac welded the exhaust. Took the part of the exhaust off and bench welded it, refitted and re connected the battery. Went to start the car and nothing.
    The security light is on in the dash. Everything else checks out electrically its just that the security has suddenly kicked me out. Does anyone else have any experience with this. At this stage it will be going to the dealer in the hopes that they can reset it.
    Last edited by Bullet300; 10-17-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Hey guys my car is down at the moment. We disconnected the battery the other day and tac welded the exhaust. Took the part of the exhaust off and bench welded it, refitted and re connected the battery. Went to start the car and nothing.
    The security light is on in the dash. Everything else checks out electrically its just that the security has suddenly kicked me out. Does anyone else have any experience with this. At this stage it will be going to the dealer in the hopes that they can reset it.
    Are you sure the battery isn?t dead?

Yes definitely. Tried all of my 6 keys why new batteries. Car battery is good. Fitted a jumper pack to be sure plus voltage stabiliser. Ask electrics check out.. just no start signal. Bridged starter. Cranks but no start

Hey I work at a dealer and know a great deal about this stuff.

If no start but turns over with security light on then good chance your Skim/Skreem Module is shot.

Also if it is the skim module and it’s a 2005-2009 you will need all new keys.

You could try programming the skim code into the module again with AlfaOBD, AppCar, or a newer Scan Tool.

Also you can hook up a scan tool and look at the DTCs, should be a code for Skim Mismatch or Transponder Error.
    Last edited by iCanuck; 10-19-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    2007 300C 5.7L - Edelbrock Eforce (7psi), Comp Cam 268H,
    Mopar Ported Heads, 3.06 LSD Swap, 06 Coil Swap
    465hp @ 6200 rpm / 463 ft-lb @ 4700 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by iCanuck View Post
    Hey I work at a dealer and know a great deal about this stuff.

If no start but turns over with security light on then good chance your Skim/Skreem Module is shot.

Also if it is the skim module and it’s a 2005-2009 you will need all new keys.

You could try programming the skim code into the module again with AlfaOBD, AppCar, or a newer Scan Tool.

Also you can hook up a scan tool and look at the DTCs, should be a code for Skim Mismatch or Transponder Error.
    Hey it would seem you are corect We have ordered a new WCM. Should be here in a couple of days. Is this something that happens regularly? JUst wondering as I am wondering if the fab guy is being honest when he said he dissconected the battery..
    Last edited by Bullet300; 10-19-2020 at 02:11 AM.

These skim modules/win control module(wcm) are quite common to fail, especially on the LX, WK, & RT/JC platforms.

I have replaced quite a few on friends vehicles, just saw an LX at work last week that needed one. I’ve also done a few Ngc3 to Ngc4 conversions with used modules and have seen a lot of dead ones.

If you are replacing the module yourself and performing the wcm replaced function and require your skim code, what most ppl don’t realize is the dealer is required to provide the owner of the vehicle this code, however they are usually reluctant to do so. I can confirm it states this in the new policy from FCA which changed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by iCanuck View Post
    These skim modules/win control module(wcm) are quite common to fail, especially on the LX, WK, & RT/JC platforms.

I have replaced quite a few on friends vehicles, just saw an LX at work last week that needed one. I’ve also done a few Ngc3 to Ngc4 conversions with used modules and have seen a lot of dead ones.

If you are replacing the module yourself and performing the wcm replaced function and require your skim code, what most ppl don’t realize is the dealer is required to provide the owner of the vehicle this code, however they are usually reluctant to do so. I can confirm it states this in the new policy from FCA which changed recently.
    Car is back up running. Was indeed the Wireless Control Module. Purchased and programmed a new one and we are good again. Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Car is back up running. Was indeed the Wireless Control Module. Purchased and programmed a new one and we are good again. Thanks mate
    Good to hear!

Potential Tuner
    If you are in south Texas I could help you i have auto pro pad autel im608 and micro pod 2. I've done alot of module programing and I do key programming every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Protech.tyler View Post
    If you are in south Texas I could help you i have auto pro pad autel im608 and micro pod 2. I've done alot of module programing and I do key programming every day.
    Im in Australia...