Thread: Stock tune with long tube headers, CAT and EGR delete

Potential Tuner

Stock tune with long tube headers, CAT and EGR delete

I have a 01 Yukon XL c2500 RWD with a 6.0l and 4L80E transmission. I removed the EGR and put Pacesetter long tube headers and Off-road Y-pipe. The muffler shop ran dual exhaust all the way back, one tip out each side. No X or H pipe. The rear O2's were removed also. I made the changes I knew to make in the tune which seemed pretty straightforward. Please let me know if I missed something.

My question is: am I ok to run the truck until I can get a Black bear tune in.
    Attached are the hpl, hpt and cfg.

Thank you,
    Taz
    March 31 2021.hplVCM Scanner.cfgFirstTune-EGRo2Delete.hpt
    Custom 2001 Yukon XL SLT 2500HD 6.0l/4L80e, 4:10 Toy Hauler
    Mods: Too many it seems.

Looking at this you look about 5% lean, really shouldn't be an issue but might want to log and adjust a little to be sure

Log MAF (HZ) in your channels so you can create a MAF error
    Log Knock Retard too

I zeroed out the ERG Air Table as well as the EGR Spark Correction (Not sure if its necessary since you have it disabled, but probably can't hurt)

I added 3-5% to your VE & MAF if you want to load and do another log.
    I can help you set to MAF only & Then VE only if you want to dial them closer individually.
    Last edited by dhoagland; 03-31-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Enable power enrichment too, it will feel like it picked up a bunch of power.

Set the MAP enable to 80kpa, lower the hot/cold pedal enable to 60%, lower the RPM delay to 1,500, set the time delay from 60.0s to 0.0s and increase the enrichment rate to 1.500.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the information. I won't be able to work on it until after the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    I zeroed out the ERG Air Table as well as the EGR Spark Correction (Not sure if its necessary since you have it disabled, but probably can't hurt)
    I was wondering the same. I might zero the tables first and a quick log to see if it has any effect. And answer the question once and for all: Does the ecu use these tables when the option is disabled?
    The obvious answer is no, but I've seen weirder things.
    I also found a good thread for a LS swap while waiting for the truck to get new Zone upper control arms and Bilstein 5160's with reservoir all the way around, new tie rods, blah blah. The proper stuff. It's on my laptop and I'll add it to the post when I can.
    Thanks again and have a great weekend.
    Taz
    Custom 2001 Yukon XL SLT 2500HD 6.0l/4L80e, 4:10 Toy Hauler
    Mods: Too many it seems.