Thread: LS 1 cam swap, spark advance and knock

Potential Tuner

LS 1 cam swap, spark advance and knock

chris timing 1.Channels.xmlchris miata main VE 15% increase across the board 1.6.19.hplchris miata main VE 1.15% change 1.6.19.hpt

LS 1 cam swap, Gen 3 hot cam. GM part number 12480033. duration .050 in. 218/227, lift .525/.525.

Used Russ K idle tune. Idle is OK. Any power over around 3000 RPM and the PCM pulls the timing out because of knock.

I've attached the Tune, log and channels.

Freely admit I'm new to this, any help appreciated.

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor installed??

Also you should see if there is a pending or current knock sensor code when you read the codes. If there is then the computer will pull the maximum amount of timing allowed in the tune file and in your case that is 10 degrees. The log file is showing it pulling 9.9 degrees so that is a possible problem.

The data log is missing a wideband, o2 sensor, fuel trim and fuel injector data. So it's hard to see if the car is leaning out and causing knock.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    5FDP

First, thank you for your post.

I checked the sensor code. You were right. Cleared the code and it ran much better. I'm posting a new log file after removing the code. It is still pulling out some timing though. Also it died after returning to idle, which we captured on this log.

I tried to add fuel trim and fuel injector channels to the data log, but I'm not sure which channels are most useful.

The O2 sensor is stock, not wide band. That's my next project. Do you have a favorite wide band sensor?

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files