Thread: My first data log with this software & Current tune, Have a look

Tuner in Training

My first data log with this software & Current tune, Have a look

This is my first post so bare with me. I've attached the tune & a 5min log, normal driving.
    My current tune was performed by a local company. I'm not sure on "how" its tuned to be honest. I just want some feedback on what I need to pay attention to going forward. I plan on getting a couple WOT logs in this weekend, but wanted to post this short "cruise" to the gas station first.
    Just to be clear, the car has had this tune sine June, hasn't given me any problems, and have been wot 100plus times.

07 z06 e38
    ls3 based 416 wet sump
    ported ls3 heads
    stock intake/tb
    cam motion custom grind
    F1a-94 procharger
    E85
    GM map---p/n 12592525

car made 880/730 on a 95 degree day with 100% humidity with this tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What injectors are installed?

They must be really big because even with the scaled method being used (which is still has an incorrect setting), the flow rate for the injectors is maxed out. So they must be larger than 127lb/hr.

The tune is really rich because the fuel trims are pulling out a ton of fuel all the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ya they are FIC 2150s with a 525 in tank and a 750 magnafuel external.
    We have plans for over 1k hp once trans/diff/TT get built.

I only wanted to buy injectors once , so this is kind of a draw back to that i guess, but at this rate I'm a pulley swap and more fuel away from our goal

I'm all ears on what to do to start cleaning things up. It will most likely stay as is for the next 8-10 months

I feel you will be severely limited with the stock computer on those injectors and that much horsepower.

There is no easy way to properly scale the tune for such huge injectors and that much power in my eyes. I'm sure people have done it but it takes a lot of time and a decent amount of fudging numbers to make it work good.

I think DSX Tuning makes a computer upgrade that lets you use the later 2009+ computer that allows for 127lb/hr injectors from the factory. Then with a scaled tune it would let you double that flow rate much easier.

Or going to a Holley standalone computer would be the best option.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I feel you will be severely limited with the stock computer on those injectors and that much horsepower.

There is no easy way to properly scale the tune for such huge injectors and that much power in my eyes. I'm sure people have done it but it takes a lot of time and a decent amount of fudging numbers to make it work good.

I think DSX Tuning makes a computer upgrade that lets you use the later 2009+ computer that allows for 127lb/hr injectors from the factory. Then with a scaled tune it would let you double that flow rate much easier.

Or going to a Holley standalone computer would be the best option.

Ok, I appreciate you taking the time with me here. Strictly speaking, what would be max LB injector for this setup to utilize the e38 and make 1k wheel with this setup?
    I think lowering injector size is something I'd do vs going full stand alone. So much$$
    Hell, I just bought this software😂😂and it took me a LONG time to even start comfortably navigating around in here lol let alone editing
    Glad I can always revert to the original tune.