Thread: E67 and TKO600 VSS

E67 and TKO600 VSS

I have an LS2 with a LSA supercharger, I was running it with an E38 ECM but recently switched to a E67 ECM so I could take advantage of all the support it offers
    for the supercharger, the harness and ECM came from BP Automotive, I'm running a GM TKO600 and the VSS seems to not work with the new ECM, worked fine with the E38 ECM I set all the parameters to be like the E38 but for some reason I get a P0502 SES code. I've searched the WEB but only find stuff on the GM connect and cruise setups with T56 magnums, which mentions GM not supporting the VSS in the OP system loaded into those E67's? I've attached my tune file.
    Any ideas? Thanks guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Try setting [ECM] 820 to RepTOS.

speedo problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    Try setting [ECM] 820 to RepTOS.
    Hi Jon, just gave that a try still not working, would you happen to know if the signal and low ref wires were crossed would cause this, I haven't checked at the ECM connector yet but was wondering because of the P0502 code. I read somewhere on one of the forums that GM's speedo logic was like black magic. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    E67 ECM J1 (Blue) pin 39 is the 4K PPM output to an electric Speedometer.

A manual transmission VSS input to an E67 ECM should be - VSS High to J3 (Grey) pin 66 - VSS Low to J3 (Grey) pin 67. It is a pulsed input, so sometimes having the wires backwards has no negative effect - but not always.

In a conversion project you may need to disable DTCs P0502 and P0503 - all that matters in the end, is that you have a functioning Speedometer.

speedo problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    E67 ECM J1 (Blue) pin 39 is the 4K PPM output to an electric Speedometer.

A manual transmission VSS input to an E67 ECM should be - VSS High to J3 (Grey) pin 66 - VSS Low to J3 (Grey) pin 67. It is a pulsed input, so sometimes having the wires backwards has no negative effect - but not always.

In a conversion project you may need to disable DTCs P0502 and P0503 - all that matters in the end, is that you have a functioning Speedometer.
    Jon I have them disabled and you are right, I'm running a cable driven speedo, I just need the VSS to work for drivability issues that happen without it working, like DFCO and idle issues when coming to a stop etc.