Thread: New to EB Tuning: Check my tune?

Tuner

New to EB Tuning: Check my tune?

I was hoping someone could take a look at this tune and let me know if there are any parameters I should revise for safety's sake. I tried to go pretty conservative on the tune because what I really wanted to solve was the power enrichment lag and the dead pedal feel of the 2020 F150.

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dubbsix; 10-17-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Tuner
    Anyone ??? Bump!

Post your stock file and what you are wanting done

Tuner
    Going into it I had a few goals. I wanted to update the pedal feedback to get rid of that dead pedal feel, I wanted to disable auto start/stop and I wanted to pick up a slight increase in performance over stock. Not sure how posting the stock file will help but I can upload it later. I've had this post up for a while now and I have accomplished all of my goals. I just suddenly become concerned with blowing the motor trying to eek out more performance but I think I am within safe limits based on the log data.

Here is my latest tune file. Right now the car is running great. I am seeing about 17 psi max boost and it feels really responsible which was part of my goal. Instead of selecting a large block within the table and making a blanket adjustment, I made small incremental percentage adjustments and then blended the table data for really smooth transitions. I think right now its great and I'll wait for more miles and tuning guidance to come out before going any further.

Street_Running_SmoothedAirflow.hpt

Sounds good

Advanced Tuner
    That all looks pretty good from what I know of tuning these engines, though I would probably put LSPI Lo table back to stock for safety reasons and let the ECM figure out the blending based on inferred octane.

Also, you don't need to post the stock file, if you go into change history and right click on base, you can load that into a new window or load it as a compare file.

Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    you don't need to post the stock file, if you go into change history and right click on base, you can load that into a new window or load it as a compare file.
    That takes a longer than a quick compare, people asking for free help should be open and willing to give whatever information is requested.

There is a reason we see so many threads started and no one even answers the OP.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    That all looks pretty good from what I know of tuning these engines, though I would probably put LSPI Lo table back to stock for safety reasons and let the ECM figure out the blending based on inferred octane.

Also, you don't need to post the stock file, if you go into change history and right click on base, you can load that into a new window or load it as a compare file.
    Thanks for checking it out and for your comments. I did scale back changes to the LSPI settings and was considering doing just that and then test things out.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    That takes a longer than a quick compare, people asking for free help should be open and willing to give whatever information is requested.

There is a reason we see so many threads started and no one even answers the OP.
    Hey LastPlace, how I didnt come off as rude, I just didnt have the file on my phone when I replied. I appreciate the time anyone would take to review the tune to make sure i am not on the frayed edge of blowing my motor! Here is the stock tune

stock_tune.hpt

I see a couple things.

post your latest file.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    I see a couple things.

post your latest file.
    I've been running this one for a minute. I am curious as to what you see in the tune provided. Actually I found the biggest oversight was requesting more torque under the driver demand section but not proportionally increase torque per gear. Once I made this change it really woke up the truck.

Yeah that's pretty safe, other than the pedal feel it's not going to make the power your asking for with the limits still in place like that anyway for the most part.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMS View Post
    Yeah that's pretty safe, other than the pedal feel it's not going to make the power your asking for with the limits still in place like that anyway for the most part.
    Hey CoreyMS, which limits do you see limiting the power levels here? I felt a big difference once I raised the TQ limits per gear tables, but curious to see if I missed a table.

even in the per gear table your lower than what you're requesting at some of the rpm. The flange inverse temp is going to pull load, and your going to run into a couple on the trans side.

None of this matters if it feels like what you want it to. Tune it to do what you want not just move limits that you dont need at the time. There's plenty of example tunes (some good some bad) but look at the scanner with all the limits and see what your hitting and move them as you need to if you want more. It sounds like you did what you set out to do just a little better pedal feel without going crazy, the tune reflects that with a couple exceptions like where you allowed more boost.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMS View Post
    even in the per gear table your lower than what you're requesting at some of the rpm. The flange inverse temp is going to pull load, and your going to run into a couple on the trans side.

None of this matters if it feels like what you want it to. Tune it to do what you want not just move limits that you dont need at the time. There's plenty of example tunes (some good some bad) but look at the scanner with all the limits and see what your hitting and move them as you need to if you want more. It sounds like you did what you set out to do just a little better pedal feel without going crazy, the tune reflects that with a couple exceptions like where you allowed more boost.
    Good call out there Corey. I do need to clean up some of the tables values. Thank you for the feedback!