Thread: GM 5.3 tune questions

GM 5.3 tune questions

I have a 5.3 setup with a 90mm TB and a 218/224 .553/.553 110 cam. After having the motor and setup done to the truck I'm having a hard time to get it to run like it should. Drivability is good until I come to a stop then it really wants to die. Ive tried adjusting the base running idle airflow timing at idle and fueling at idle to no avail. Also when I give it 50%-70% throttle it really runs well. AFR is right at 12.6-12.8 but the second I go WOT then it bogs down super bad reading 9.6AFR so I take fuel out but it still shows that AFR no matter how much I take out. Everything else seems to run well. Daily driving the AFR is bouncing around 13.5-15.1 just on the stop and the WOT is where the issue is. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hantz Racing, Jake Hantz Odessa, TX
    98 Camaro SS 408 LS1
    60 ft. - 1.10, 1/8 mile - 5.89, MPH - 136.22, 1/4 mile 9.012, MPH - 155.66

Advanced Tuner
    Your maf needs adjusting I would say. I would make your pe settings for tps like 50 percent. Also what happened to your ve tables, those sure aren't right. I would put that back to stock. You should post up a log also. Its always nice to have a log and a tune to try to see whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_axberg View Post
    Your maf needs adjusting I would say. I would make your pe settings for tps like 50 percent. Also what happened to your ve tables, those sure aren't right. I would put that back to stock. You should post up a log also. Its always nice to have a log and a tune to try to see whats going on.

Gotcha good catch I missed that currently the TPS for PE us 90 that should help. The stock MAF table wouldn?t even allow the vehicle to run it?s been bummed about 13% across the board. You think I should go back to stock and adjust 1-2% from there?? The stock VE table wouldn?t even let the truck run at all. Any throttle would bog down now it just Boggs down around 80% TPS! I?ll get a log posted thanks again!!
    Hantz Racing, Jake Hantz Odessa, TX
    98 Camaro SS 408 LS1
    60 ft. - 1.10, 1/8 mile - 5.89, MPH - 136.22, 1/4 mile 9.012, MPH - 155.66

Advanced Tuner
    I would set your open loop eq ratio to 1 from like 158 degrees on up. And disable short and log term fuel trims so that you are in open loop, that way it's not getting feedback from the o2 sensors. Then do a maf afr actual vs maf afr commanded chart and try to get it so that your actual air fuel ratio matches what your commanded afr is. You can just get it sorted at idle, then do light driving. Once you get that sorted then you can do some wot pulls. Here is a link to a good youtube video on how to do that if you don't already know.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpqm2SEtagw I usually put the minimum map enable for power enrichment to like 85 kpa or something also.

Something is way off with the base running airflow too, there is no way it should be that high. I'm surprised it doesn't want to push with that much airflow and that high of an idle speed.

That camshaft is not even that large so it should have ran with the stock MAF/VE table if fuel pressure was correct.

Knock the overspeed spark correction table down to like -10 degrees instead of -30 degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

make sure there is no negative value in the IAT fuel adder for WOT also