Thread: Random Torque Management Advance Timing Pull at WOT with No Immediate Control Source

Advanced Tuner

Random Torque Management Advance Timing Pull at WOT with No Immediate Control Source

I was going to continue one of my old threads about virtual torque but this timing pull seems kind of unrelated. It is a mystery in that all the torque sources look normal when it pulls the timing, immediate stays at source "none" and predicted stays at source "axel" that's normally how it always is, unless it switches to "trans shift" on a shift. The only way I know its "torque management" is because I can see the torque management advance go from zero when it happens.

This started tonight randomly, temps have dropped a little but last night they were low too and it was fine. I did add a few (1-4) degrees of timing to my main high octane timing table yesterday, but like I said yesterday everything seemed fine, but today when I go WOT extreme amounts of timing are being pulled for now reason at WOT at random rpms?

All my torque values seem normal but then again I have been messing with GEN V stuff for over 2 or 3 years and I still don't get any of the torque values or know what they should be at or what they should be at in relation to each other.

The timing is the only thing I have changed in my latest tune and I just bumped it up a few degrees, my timing tables are from the stock GMPP LT1 535 crate engine, which I believe is mostly based on the Corvette LT1 tune, but has increased timing at lower loads I am assuming to account for the cam maybe, but WOT timing is about the same, but I just bumped it up a little more yesterday.

Thanks for any help.

Log 117 Random TMA timing pulls after raising HO timing table.hpl

Good.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    I was going to continue one of my old threads about virtual torque but this timing pull seems kind of unrelated. It is a mystery in that all the torque sources look normal when it pulls the timing, immediate stays at source "none" and predicted stays at source "axel" that's normally how it always is, unless it switches to "trans shift" on a shift. The only way I know its "torque management" is because I can see the torque management advance go from zero when it happens.

This started tonight randomly, temps have dropped a little but last night they were low too and it was fine. I did add a few (1-4) degrees of timing to my main high octane timing table yesterday, but like I said yesterday everything seemed fine, but today when I go WOT extreme amounts of timing are being pulled for now reason at WOT at random rpms?

All my torque values seem normal but then again I have been messing with GEN V stuff for over 2 or 3 years and I still don't get any of the torque values or know what they should be at or what they should be at in relation to each other.

The timing is the only thing I have changed in my latest tune and I just bumped it up a few degrees, my timing tables are from the stock GMPP LT1 535 crate engine, which I believe is mostly based on the Corvette LT1 tune, but has increased timing at lower loads I am assuming to account for the cam maybe, but WOT timing is about the same, but I just bumped it up a little more yesterday.

Thanks for any help.

Log 117 Random TMA timing pulls after raising HO timing table.hpl

Good.hpt
    Your are definitely getting some torque management around 4300rpm and at 6000 rpm (but less) ....Why I don't know...
    Even if TCS seems ok did you try to disable it ? Your virtual torque table may be off...

Look at my tune (Katech Stage 2 engine, making 552WHP/490WTQ) it nevers pulls timing...

Alex Katech 100920.hpt

It is not perfect though, as I have DFCO issues I'm trying to solve when dynamic airflow is enabled
    Last edited by Sachs; 10-19-2020 at 11:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes TCS was disabled, the only way I can tell if TCS is responsible for the torque reduction is you will see a non negative number is the TCS desired engine torque PID, the duty cycle percentages PIDs make no sense and never seem to indicate anything.

What makes no sense is that what triggered this was raising the timing a few degrees in the high octane spark table, so it would make sense that with the timing increase that some torque value is now exceeded a limit, its just so hard to figure out with the mess of confusing torque PIDs we have.

Thanks for the tune will I will have a look when I get a chance.