Thread: Request: a way to disable these TCM codes, enabling LX transmission swaps

Request: a way to disable these TCM codes, enabling LX transmission swaps

Though I have the following trouble codes disabled in my transmission tune, they pop up anyway. I can clear them with VCM scanner, but they come back each key cycle. They're only visible when scanning TCM codes with a handheld scanner or the like (VCM scanner cannot see them):

U140F implausible engine variant data
    U0103 lost communication with gear shift
    P0657 actuator supply voltage circuit/open

Unfortunately as long as these codes are present, my manual-swapped NGC3 Magnum (2006 SRT8) is limited to 3,000 RPM. I've tried a zillion different things in the tune, to no avail. Physically disconnecting the TCM also results in a 3,000 RPM rev limit.

I would imagine it's P0657 that's the culprit here. Losing communication with the shifter seems like a poor reason to limp-mode the car, and U140F hasn't always shown up.

I have other things I can try to solve this (resistor on the actuator circuit, Arduino which clears TCM codes each key cycle), but a TCM flash is the cleanest. If HPTuners could solve this problem, it'd enable easy swaps on these cars.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's some relevant passages from the service manual:

The TCM continuously checks for electrical problems, mechanical problems, and some hydraulic problems. When a problem is sensed, the TCM stores a diagnostic trouble code (DTC). Some of these codes cause the transmission to go into "Limp-In" or "default" mode. Some DTCs cause permanent Limp-In and others cause temporary Limp-In.
    When the TCM detects a major internal error, the transmission is placed in the permanent Limp-In Mode and ceases all communication over the CAN bus. When the TCM has entered this mode normal transmission operation does not resume until all DTCs are cleared from the TCM.