Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DQ250 6-speed DSG Knowledgebase

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone enabled launch control in a 2015 TDI golf? Car is base model so there’s no traction control switch or paddle shifters but it looks like I can activate with the + - on the shifter.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jetmav View Post
    Has anyone enabled launch control in a 2015 TDI golf? Car is base model so there?s no traction control switch or paddle shifters but it looks like I can activate with the + - on the shifter.
    I was able to activate my launch control with no issues.

I'm having issues though raising clutch pressures. I've attached the files. Is there something I'm missing here? The logs look the same stock vs. modified pressure.

tditcm-lcpress2.hpt
    tdilog1pressure.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys, digging into this more, I am now 99% certain that an OS/ASW patch is required to increase allowed torque/clutch pressure above stock levels. There's a few "hard coded" torque limits in the logic. It was just never a limitation for me while I was on stock turbo, at elevation, etc.

Hopefully HPT can implement the fix into their standard files or offer it as an OS patch.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Hey guys, digging into this more, I am now 99% certain that an OS/ASW patch is required to increase allowed torque/clutch pressure above stock levels. There's a few "hard coded" torque limits in the logic. It was just never a limitation for me while I was on stock turbo, at elevation, etc.

Hopefully HPT can implement the fix into their standard files or offer it as an OS patch.
    Is this something I’d be able to define and edit with user defined parameters?

Advanced Tuner
    No unfortunately user defined parameters only allows you to change/define stuff in the calibration segment, not the OS or Application software.

You could make your changed to a .bin file and then convert to .hpt with Tune Translator, but iirc that is $200 to convert a single file, so it's not a great value.

For now I will be flashing the OS mod with open source flashing solution

Advanced Tuner
    If any of you guys have a Tactrix openport and MQB-DQ250 (0D9) and want to try the OS patch let me know. I started looking into the 02E patch and it seems to be the exact same issue/fix, but I don't have one of those or flashing solution for it.

Advanced Tuner
    Flashed the OS patch and went from ~12.x bar to 14.x bar. Understand this was at a mild 280 kPa so not the great comparison/delta, but enough to show its working. I will be increasing boost back up to 300kpa levels now. Have some logs but it's not much to look at lol.

Tuner in Training
    Flashed the OS patch and went from ~12.x bar to 14.x bar. Understand this was at a mild 280 kPa so not the great comparison/delta, but enough to show its working. I will be increasing boost back up to 300kpa levels now. Have some logs but it's not much to look at lol.
    I’m running a stock TDI and only seeing about 9.x bar currently. I emailed tech about this, just waiting to see what they have to say about it.

Advanced Tuner
    You should have no issue hitting up to 12 bar or so on DSG without any patch. clutch pressure is directly linked to reported ECU torque...how much power/torque are you making?

Tuner in Training
    I’ve seen 226ft/lbs clutch torque. Which is 91% of reference torque of 258ft/lbs. calculated load of 100%, driver demand 130%. All of this equates to 8.260 bar at 870ma. Bone stock engine and tune.

Advanced Tuner
    That seems pretty much spot on to me. I’m at around 400 ft lb reported engine tq at clutch

Tuner in Training
    Have you played with the pressure vs. Gear multiplier?

Advanced Tuner
    I have not, but I also don't think you would want excessive clamping pressure during normal driving. Just remove/increase the limiters and it works fine/ as intended.

Tuner in Training
    I haven’t been able to get any reaction in a log of increased pressure, no matter what I’ve changed. A reported torque vs. Clutch pressure table or modifier would be ideal.

Advanced Tuner
    I can't say with absolute certainty but I have read that the reported torque vs clutch pressure is 'hard coded' into the OS. And the microslip controller can increase pressure when slip is detected

Potential Tuner
    If any of you guys have a Tactrix openport and MQB-DQ250 (0D9) and want to try the OS patch let me know. I started looking into the 02E patch and it seems to be the exact same issue/fix, but I don't have one of those or flashing solution for it.
    I have tactrix i pm you
    thanks

Tuner in Training
    I'm curious about what effect the "Downhill" settings have. Does someone here know?

I'm interested in setting the downshift point to different RPM values as the rate of deceleration varies. This table looks like it might allow for that.

HP-Tuner_Downhill_LI.jpg

*Edit* Disregard the image above. I think these are the parameters I need:

025C0 Brake pressure for raising the downshift threshold in 2nd gear
    025C2 Brake pressure for raising the downshift threshold in 3rd gear
    025C4 Brake pressure for raising the downshift threshold in 4th gear
    025C6 Brake pressure for raising the downshift threshold in 5th gear
    025C8 Brake pressure for raising the downshift threshold in 6th gear

I can't find them in VCM Editor, so I have submitted a request to have them added.

*Edit* The variables were added to my GTI file, but don't seem to accomplish what I was hoping for, bummer. The search goes on.
    Last edited by MyGolfMK7; 04-19-2022 at 04:13 PM. Reason: New information

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    you will need a professional tuning software to change that in the binary file, and of course you have to find the corresponding values in binary first.
    otherwise you may open a HPT support ticket and ask if they can add these parameters in HPT.
    3rd option: you could use User defined parameters, but therefore you also would need the binary and have to know the adresses of the values in the file, here I could help maybe, if you tell me your software number i could see if I have the file and tell you the adresses or make an xdf to add it.
    Here is an update I think it is worth mentioning, yesterday I got a response from HPtuners and they managed to include the gear ratio parameters on the latest beta, this gives a lot of tuning possibilities, basically we can fit any supported Mechatrionics to any transmission as long as everything is 02E and since the mechanical part of the transmission is compatible with 02M we can select any combination of gear ratios we desire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner

DQ250 APR Stage 2

Here is a read from an Audi A3 8P from a friend of mine who has a stage 2 APR. This is the file from TCU. Is a DQ250 02E.

Audi A3 8P 2013 - TCM - Tuned(APR Stage 2).hpt

Quote Originally Posted by rafaehll View Post
    Here is a read from an Audi A3 8P from a friend of mine who has a stage 2 APR. This is the file from TCU. Is a DQ250 02E.

Audi A3 8P 2013 - TCM - Tuned(APR Stage 2).hpt
    Neat, what year A3? So the TCU is stage 2 or the ECU?