Thread: 2002 dodge ram trans tuning help

2002 dodge ram trans tuning help

i have a 2002 ram 5.9 with the 46re trans if trying to figure out how to get it to shift at higher rpms? can anyone point me in the right direction?chris 2002 dodge ram pcm stock pcm last tune current.hpt

just raise full throttle shift all three tables the same values to your target rpm.

Raise the upshift output shaft Speed for 3-4 with "row axis - edit"

Tuner in Training
    great thanks i was looking for info on this !!! how about a firmer shift????seems to be alot of tables not yet working
    16 mkx
    09 mb 320 coupe
    02 dodge dakota r/t 5.9
    which is my latest toy to tune

Banned
    This applies to only to the 3-4 shift, also involves as I have described in another thread. The TTVA controls transmission throttle pressure, helping with shifts and shift firmness, no parameters exist for shift firmness.
    Last edited by Jim P; 11-01-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    This applies to only to the 3-4 shift, also involves as I have described in another thread. The TTVA controls transmission throttle pressure, helping with shifts and shift firmness, no parameters exist for shift firmness.
    i was hoping raising gov. pressure would be my answer. so raising it does nothing??
    16 mkx
    09 mb 320 coupe
    02 dodge dakota r/t 5.9

Tuner in Training
    thanks ..also can you point me to that thread...i d like a good read on this
    16 mkx
    09 mb 320 coupe
    02 dodge dakota r/t 5.9

Banned
    The other thread where you asked about firmer shifts yesterday. JTEC 46RE part throttle shift tuning. I explained how to interpret those part throttle shift tables and other parameters involved to manipulate shifts, had pictures of the part throttle shift areas. Like 2 pages of talking about it before you posted asking about firmer shifts.
    Last edited by Jim P; 11-02-2020 at 09:20 AM.