Thread: Wide band AFR Zeitronix ZT3

Tuner in Training

Wide band AFR Zeitronix ZT3

Hi All,

I'm looking for some assistance with my AFR Zeitronix ZT3 Wide band (non canbus version) and connecting this to my VCM scanner.

I'm having issues finding a method with which to connect it.

I was hoping to use 'External Input' serial port because i have a DB9 to USB cable and I know the wideband works as i can get it to work with my nguage as well as the Zeitronx software via USB.

It appears HP Tuner don't support the Zeitronix via external input 'serial port' method

What i'm hoping to do now is re-wire the DB9 end (cut it off) and rewire it to the pro link cable and set it up via External Input'- Zeitronix ZT2'
    The Zeitronix data output cable has four wires yellow, Red, Green and black

Does anyone have experience with using Zeitronix and connecting it to the VCM Scanner.
    Any suggestions on how to rewire it.

much appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I've worked it out i think

Tuner in Training
    Can you tell me what you did? I have a ZT-3 WB as well.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GENFGTS View Post
    I've worked it out i think
    What did you work out in the end?
    Currently have a Zeitronix zt-3 on order as I was thinking it would interface with HP tuners via serial to usb but all the info Im finding now says otherwise.

Tuner in Training
    I was not able to bring the ZT-3 serial data in through the USB. I tried everything. I ended up bringing in the WB voltage through the A/C pressure sensor and logging that. You could also do it through the EGR. Either way just use math to convert the voltage to AFR or Lambda and another math to caclulate the commanded vs actual. Another long winded method you can do is export the log file, modify in Excel to convert voltage to AFR/USB data, use Notepad to remove commas, then import log back into HP Tuners. This will get you a direct AFR/Lambda in the log without having to use math.