Thread: AEM (30-4110) Wideband hardwire

Potential Tuner

AEM (30-4110) Wideband hardwire

Hello, I am installing a wideband for optimum tuning and need to know where to put the 0-5v white wire, and what is a good under the dash key positive and negative. It?s going in my 2012 Silverado 5.3. Thank you in advance

If possible you could exchange that wideband for the AEM OBD2 wideband that involves zero extra wiring. They cost a few more bucks but they are way better for ease of tuning.

The wideband you have will need the white wire put into the HP Tuners PRO interface or done with a serial adapter to make it all work. There really isn't any other easy way to log them on the newer vehicles.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If possible you could exchange that wideband for the AEM OBD2 wideband that involves zero extra wiring. They cost a few more bucks but they are way better for ease of tuning.

The wideband you have will need the white wire put into the HP Tuners PRO interface or done with a serial adapter to make it all work. There really isn't any other easy way to log them on the newer vehicles.
    Okay, is there any way to buy just the obd2 plug adapter and use this gauge? I?m supposed to get a better tune on Thursday and if I order the other gauge it?ll be another week

Advanced Tuner
    Only the X-series AEM gauges can use the OBDII interface

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I ended up returning that one and buying a series x