Thread: HELP! Hellcat engine and model year differences??

HELP! Hellcat engine and model year differences??

Hey all. I've got a Hellcat swap project that is spiraling out of control. I was originally told that the Hellcat 6.2L was from a 2016 vehicle. Engine and "parts" came on a pallet...basically a motor, a hacked up wiring harness, and ECU, and some other random bits...what a mess. No worry, I will just get the Mopar crate harness/ECU and be done with it. During the install of the Mopar wiring harness, I started noticing some plugs that were a bit different. Weird, but no worry, just repin with the connectors from the old wiring harness! Now I find out that the engine was really from a 2019 Hellcat. The Mopar kit is only intended to work with 2015-2017 engines.

Question - aside from some sensor differences, is there really anything that should prevent me from being able to run the Mopar crate engine kit on a MY2019 engine? I'm afraid that there may be some cam/crank trigger discrepancies I don't know about. I know the ECU's are broken generally into 2015, 2016-2017, and 2018-2019. Not sure why...engine differences? communication changes? who knows?

Anyone that has knowledge of why these model year electronics are incompatible with other years would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I think the only differences are the knock sensors and the Maps. It's easier to buy or find a couple of earlier knock sensors than change wiring. And I'm sure you can find someone to swap your maps for the 15-18 ones