Thread: hellcat trackhawk timing with race gas

Potential Tuner

hellcat trackhawk timing with race gas

i know this is a very general question.........but what is your timing advanced (just average) on a hellcat or trackhawk with 116 octane fuel? i am just trying to get a idea what is being used by folks. what about pump gas 93? how much does it differ typically from your race gas tunes? i appreciate any help. i am trying to build references

Tuner in Training
    I use factory calibrations like demon crate calibration as a general to gain insight on how these cars were calibrated from the factory, the race demon crate pcm/tcm is in the repository if not I can attach it for you if you still looking for file. Just how I do it, There is also considerations of what fuel grade your talking about so c16 is going to have different attributes to q16 because its oxygenated, Be safe I know the dodge community can be bit tough to learn from sometime but I don't blame them for making a living, There is alot of good advise in here using search function

Quote Originally Posted by jalb4k View Post
    i know this is a very general question.........but what is your timing advanced (just average) on a hellcat or trackhawk with 116 octane fuel? i am just trying to get a idea what is being used by folks. what about pump gas 93? how much does it differ typically from your race gas tunes? i appreciate any help. i am trying to build references
    this isnt totally apples to apples but it should be kinda close..... im running a heads cam whipple 6.1 and have it all tuned up for 93 octane pump gas. I put in sunoco gt plus 104 and added 6 degrees at wot from 2500 up and saw no KR. (also added a bit in other part throttle areas) That was a conservative 6 degrees increase for 11 octane increase. so for you another 12 more octane say another conservative 6 degrees so you can probably safely add 12 degrees from 2500 on up and pick up a bunch of power. on my datalogs i saw a 35-40 ft-lbs increase in trans engine torque by doing this and the car definitely feels quicker. The sunoco gt 104 has a stoich ratio of 13.7 compared to gt100 and pump gas which is 14.1 so it only runs slightly leaner. both sunoco 116 oct fuels are leaded and have a 14.9 and 15.0 stoich ratio so they will run richer and you can probably add even more than 12 degrees of timing but id start with 12 and then go from there to be safe.
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by joeapple View Post
    I use factory calibrations like demon crate calibration as a general to gain insight on how these cars were calibrated from the factory, the race demon crate pcm/tcm is in the repository if not I can attach it for you if you still looking for file. Just how I do it, There is also considerations of what fuel grade your talking about so c16 is going to have different attributes to q16 because its oxygenated, Be safe I know the dodge community can be bit tough to learn from sometime but I don't blame them for making a living, There is alot of good advise in here using search function
    great response sir!! thank you

Potential Tuner
    thank you sir!!