so tuning my very first truck I did a LS swap on a 79 c10 with a 5.3/4l60e/dbw and btr stage 3 cam. deleted the vats and left the stock tune in ran good enough to do the normal shake down and light burnouts in the yard. the fans wouldnt turn on so i plugged in the mpvi2 and downloaded the stock tune edited the tune so the fans kicked on at 180 (just to see if i wired correctly) everything was fine disconnected from the vehicle and the usbc-usb cable connected to my laptop unplugged and broke off the shielding when i removed it form the mpvi2 from the obd2 (key off) went to double check the connection with a new usb cable and even with bluetooth and get the code (unable to detect the vehicles diagnostics protocol) on both the scanner and editor. i checked the fuses and re synced it with my laptop and still nothing. I have searched for other and found only people popping the fuse in my OBd2 i get flashing 12v power in port 2 serial. 4 and 5 has no ground at all and 16 has 12 volt. (key on)

im going to mess with it tomorrow and try uploading the original tune to the vcm editor without connecting it and see if that works, in one of the threads i found by (thatguy8898) he stated he tried that and had success. or ill slap in a new ecu and see if that works.

thanks for the help!