Thread: Trackhawk BAP install - shitty instructions from KB

Tuner in Training

Trackhawk BAP install - shitty instructions from KB

Hey guys

Have a quick one I'm sure someone here has come across before.

Have the KB twin BAP plug and play kit going into a trackhawk here - how ever was supplied to us with hellcat instructions (go figure)

Now install was fine except wanting to confirm one thing.

Instructions only mention replacement of the existing hellcat fuel pump fuse (F21 - 30a) with the supplied 40a one - however these are hellcat / challenger fuse box instructions etc - and not the same as what im seeing on the tracky.

There is a single 20a fuse (F70) in the fuse box for fuel pump motor - but this doesn't seem like the one to me.

There are 2 x 25a fuses down next to the battery which I "assume" are the 2 x fuek pump fueses for the twin pump setup (given they have the demon pump setup in them) - but cant find any diagrams etc to confirm that these are the ones I need to upgrade.

Can anyone else confirm this or has done this plug n play bap install in a trackhawk?

Someone else also mentioned having issues popping fuses, however not sure which ones they were and if they upgraded properly, and suggested wiring the BAP "post - fuel pump control / driver module" - however, I personally have never had success with this option on anything late model - and have always "boosted" the voltage going into the FPDM etc..., as per instructions.

Advanced Tuner
    The 2 x 25A fuses near the battery are for the fuel pumps.
    Replace them with 40A fuses.
    It will more than likely at some time (often when you just tip into boost) pop a high voltage code (PO27D) and you will get a MIL.
    Just disable it in DTC's and all will be good.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    The 2 x 25A fuses near the battery are for the fuel pumps.
    Replace them with 40A fuses.
    It will more than likely at some time (often when you just tip into boost) pop a high voltage code (PO27D) and you will get a MIL.
    Just disable it in DTC's and all will be good.

Thank you sensei !!!!

Those instructions are also wrong for 2015 Hellcats just fyi, just fought with KB about this as I had a shit time install as well. Those 40a fuses also aren't used on a 2015 Hellcat. Don't think I'll buy another one, they gave us half assed instructions from their supercharger installation.
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182