Thread: Has ANYBODY been able to enable VVT on a non-VVT tune?

Tuner in Training

Has ANYBODY been able to enable VVT on a non-VVT tune?

A number of folks claim it's possible, but have never done it. Quite a few folks say it can't be done. Is there any verifiable situation where someone has enabled VVT where it didn't exist before?

Specifically, I want to run VVT on a manual trans LS3 tune, and I don't want to blow a lot of credits trying.
    Last edited by kipps; 10-22-2020 at 02:53 PM.

A while ago I read thread on either a vette forum or swap forum that a guy was able to get VVT working with a Manual OS file but they never posted the details on how. I have never gotten it to work personally. Starting with a auto tune file from something like a L99 would enable VVT but you'll have issues with the ECM trying to communicate with a non-existent TCM.

I'd be interested in the details if someone was able to get it working in a Manual OS

Tuner in Training
    Kipps, I see you replied to one of my posts asking this question awhile back about enabling it in a 2008 silverado. I'm literally in the process of adding in the pins to my ECM now and hoping to start the engine within the week. As mentioned, this might have more of a chance when working with an automatic.

So, alternatively, I've convinced myself that it hasn't been a complete waste going the VVT route even if can't be enabled in the ECM. I saw reference to a guy on LS1tech, Pantera EFI I think, offering a standalone box to control VVT. I think it was from this thread.
    https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-...ontroller.html