Thread: Where do first-time tuners start to learn

Post Where do first-time tuners start to learn

Hello everyone
    First contact tuning
    I purchased equipment and points, and I have a few questions to ask the great gods
    1: Where should I start tuning?
    For example, where to adjust first, then where to adjust

Potential Tuner
    In order to begin tuning, there are a few important steps to take. First, you must read the entire Funktionsrahmen (or equivalent) for your ECU, then you must smear yourself in the paste and improve your connection with whatever divine entity you believe in.

In all seriousness though, find or pirate a function sheet for your ECU. You'll learn a ton about how it works. Depending on what you know already, you may want to sign up for an online class to expand your knowledge. The public knowledgebase is probably not going to be enough to learn and safely tune your car. Also, if you can find sombody on hptuners or equivilant forums to mentor you, it will be very worth while.

Yes
    Your suggestion is very good

Potential Tuner
    I already posted some hptuners 101 articles on ZhiHu, why don't you start from that?

Quote Originally Posted by wyjjs31 View Post
    I already posted some hptuners 101 articles on ZhiHu, why don't you start from that?
    I’ve seen it, and I want to find some information to compare and digest

What car, what engine, what transmission, what ECM/TCM ??

You don't have to spend any credits to download the tune from your car.

Most of the time the same ECM in a different car will tune the same way. Even other ECM's can be very similar, so what works on them can be an eye opener for your specific needs. So cross watching is a must.