Thread: 6.2L Supercharged GMC Flashed tune and no start

6.2L Supercharged GMC Flashed tune and no start

Ive been working with a reputable tuner and made a lot of progress with him working on my my 6.2l Denali Sierra. Got a tune from him yesterday. Flashed it and it starts up but dies a few seconds after. AFR Gauge shows full lean. Not the first time that's happened. No biggie thought i would step back to a previous tune and get it running. But that didnt work. I think the MAF was leaned out too much possibly as thats where the core of the changes were.

But no matter what I flash now it wont start. Even tried stepping the trans tune back out of desperation.

Any ideas? Can post tune and log if need be.

Thanks in advance.

If shows lean did you go over with him?

Could be he just needs to add some fuel...

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file we can help
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    If shows lean did you go over with him?

Could be he just needs to add some fuel...
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    post file we can help
    Looks like one tune was lean and one tune was flooded. I was able to Go back to an earlier tune and get it running.

Thanks for hopping in.

Latest tune no start.hpl
    2017 GMC Denali 2 Bar Scale Mod 3.hpt
    31 - .hpt
    31 is the working tune with no log.

The Log and other tune are the non working setup.

Advanced Tuner
    Why was the MAF messed with if you couldn't get it to start...was it running before this? There are a huge amount of changes that suggest either an overzealous effort to get a supercharger swapped engine started or there are additional modifications.

As for that lean start, dynamic airflow is disabled at 400rpm. Once you're in run mode, all of the high pressure air that is being drawn down in the manifold during runup isn't accounted for to be matched by fuel...so naturally it is lean. Set dynamic airflow enables back to stock so it can estimate fuel properly.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Why was the MAF messed with if you couldn't get it to start...was it running before this? There are a huge amount of changes that suggest either an overzealous effort to get a supercharger swapped engine started or there are additional modifications.

As for that lean start, dynamic airflow is disabled at 400rpm. Once you're in run mode, all of the high pressure air that is being drawn down in the manifold during runup isn't accounted for to be matched by fuel...so naturally it is lean. Set dynamic airflow enables back to stock so it can estimate fuel properly.
    There are other modifications.
    Larger MAF housing
    Smaller pulley
    Boost referenced.

I think the tuner is going for a MAF tune.

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get this working?

What brand is the supercharger...they should have given you some kind of tuner to get your engine running...Has the guy you are working with done superchargers before, specifically the one you put on?