Thread: Scanner questions

Scanner questions

Hello all. I need someone to help me understand this.

I am seeing 4.5 degrees of KR in the channels list and in the chart it shows just 1.
    Shouldn't these mirror what the Chart vs time and graph tabs are indicating?

I'm just trying to verify the data to be correct.

KR.jpg
    KR layout settings.png

Tuner in Training
    You are seeing a different value because in your graph you are viewing the average and not the last value. See the + - A L C in the top left of the graphs view? A is average, L is last, and C is count. The channel view is showing the real-time (last) value, so to get them to match click the L in the graph view and they will match

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadLS6 View Post
    You are seeing a different value because in your graph you are viewing the average and not the last value. See the + - A L C in the top left of the graphs view? A is average, L is last, and C is count. The channel view is showing the real-time (last) value, so to get them to match click the L in the graph view and they will match
    @1BadLS6
    Thank you for the info. If you look in the screenshot the L is greyed out, so I cannot click on it. Strange.
    If I click the +- signs, that does work. Any reason the L is greyed out?

Tuner in Training
    I noticed that too. I played around with my scanner and can't duplicate what you're seeing. I do see that if I click the little graph icon with the narrow red lines furthest to the right of C, View Zoom Data Range Only, the L disappears, but so do the + and -. I also looks like you have the other graph, View All Data, selected, so I'm not sure. Maybe it has to do with how you have the graph configured that I can't see. Does it have the same affect on all graphed channels or only the KR?

Tuner in Training
    On your KR setting layout can you change the view setting from average to last? This sets the default way it is viewed in the graphs table and can be changed with the buttons but I'm curious if last is even an option for your KR since its grayed out. If you can change it, make sure View Zoom Data Only is unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadLS6 View Post
    On your KR setting layout can you change the view setting from average to last? This sets the default way it is viewed in the graphs table and can be changed with the buttons but I'm curious if last is even an option for your KR since its grayed out. If you can change it, make sure View Zoom Data Only is unchecked.
    No, I can't. I even tried creating a new one and selecting last instead of average. Still doesn't work. The reason I question it is because I see many videos where people are copy/pasting this data in to VVE and other tables and I see descrepancies in the data. It just seems odd to me. I'm trying to understand it. Chances are, I'm doing something wrong....

Tuner in Training
    I guess what you are seeing is normal. I had an active scanner session open yesterday and that was allowing me to cycle through to see the L cell entries, but when I closed that scanner session out and opened a log file from scratch I'm seeing the same behaviors you are. Makes sense when I think about it.

@1BadLS6 I appreciate you troubleshooting with me. I think it make sense as well, but if we are using this data to tune it is also scary that the actual timing may be 6 degrees but the "average" 19. I am trying to get an understanding of how we are using the average to multiply by 1/2 or % and not affecting things too much. I am new and just noticed the difference between what the chart vs time and this chart were showing at the exact same engine parameters. Thanks again.