Thread: Can't find data on what MVPI2 will display from an 2010 Mini Copper S

Tuner in Training

Can't find data on what MVPI2 will display from an 2010 Mini Copper S

Hi there,

So I have been using TrackAddict for a few autocross events lately and like the app very much. I am considering purchasing an MVPI2 so I can log additional parameters in the app. Is there a list some where of what I will be able to access on the Mini ECM using the MVPI2? I'd like maybe boost, throttle position, brake and of course RPM.

I know the Mini isn't on the supported vehicles list but I also know the older MVPI1 was able to reach and clear DTC codes.

Thank in advance for any help!

Chris

For this particular car, the MPVI2 would not provide any additional parameters over that of another supported OBD-II interface. In both cases, it would be SAE parameters only, which will typically get you engine RPM, throttle, intake & coolant temps, manifold pressure (on cars with a MAP sensor), etc. You can take manifold pressure and subtract barometric pressure to get boost, and TrackAddict does offer some help with that. Brake is unfortunately not defined in the SAE parameter set, so you'd have to use accelerometers or a drop in speed to estimate that, which TrackAddict will try to help you with as well.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. As expected. I am leaning toward the MVPI2 so I can continue to tune my 2000 Trans Am and some other cars as needed. I appreciate the input. RPM and Throttle would be most helpful. Boost would be "cool" but not all that important.

Thanks again!