Thread: 09 ZR1 Kong 2650 low numbers need help

Potential Tuner

09 ZR1 Kong 2650 low numbers need help

I have a built ZR1 that made 759hp 763tq before the Kong blower swap. After the swap it makes 871hp 724tq but has lost over 100tq and 70hp under the curve. Boost starts the same and ends with the new setup hitting 21 at the end. I am attaching a copy of the dyno and the hptuners file from the new tune as well as the tune from before the swap. The stock parameters were left in place accidently for the stock electronic bypass valve control solenoid, not sure if that would cause this. The only thing changed was the swap to the kong 2650 a NW 103mm throttle body and the kong 5in intake. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sgett; 10-23-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    smaller superchargers are more efficient in low end torque and hp, same idea with camshaft bigger you move the power band higher...

a log would help
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    quick glance.

ETC Scalar is wrong for a 103mm still at stock TB setting, so the ECM is calculating values based on a smaller TB skewing airflow model.

might also bump up manifold volume under Speed density with the Kong, intake volume is much larger now again skewing airflow calculations.

as Sultan said above post a log also, Sultan knows his stuff.

Potential Tuner
    I just put up a log. I started the pull in 4th, I did notice it appears my kpa is low at first then climbs at peak rpm for some reason, maybe the bypass valve is hanging open a bit? I have ruled out the bypass valve after logging with it disconnected to guarantee that it was closed, I also verified adjustment. I don't know how a pds supercharger would not build peak boost properly otherwise. I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by sgett; 10-25-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    there is a lot of missing parameters in your datalog,

cyl airmass
    MAT
    inj PW 1 and 2

major issue your having is a drop in fuel pressure with does not help with atomization

looking at your tune

you need to list all the mods including injectors
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 10-26-2020 at 01:39 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    I am running AHP ported heads, TSP stage 3 cam, ID1000s, DSX fuel system, TSP headers, catless mid, 14% lower, 2.75 upper, dual nozzle meth from Alky, LT1s triple, and 95 octane. Here is a quick log with airmass, I will get one with the other pids as well