Thread: Boost

Potential Tuner

Boost

I've been tunning a walkinshaw Ute in Australia it has a supercharged 6.2 in it .when I go in to fuel system and click on maximum boost v barametric max press it's set on zero does this mean it's not making any boost and can i get away with setting it at 7psi without changing pulleys etc etc

Did you log the MAP sensor channel to see how much boost it's making??

It should be reading north of 150-170kpa if you ask me.

Changing that table won't do what you are asking.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank u I'll check it out cheers

Potential Tuner
    I went and had a look at the tune as the vehecial isn't hear and map max is 105kpa so I'll write a conservative tune and flash it and see how we go thank u for your point in the right direction 😎👍

Are you logging the correct MAP sensor channel??

You may need to remove the 1 bar channel and replace it with a 2 or 3 bar channel to read over 105kpa in the scanner.

And make sure the vehicle has a 2 or 3 bar map sensor with the correct settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Sorry took so long to get back to u slipped my mind 3 bar sensor legend thank u

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Are you logging the correct MAP sensor channel??

You may need to remove the 1 bar channel and replace it with a 2 or 3 bar channel to read over 105kpa in the scanner.

And make sure the vehicle has a 2 or 3 bar map sensor with the correct settings.