Thread: 6.0 self destructs...

Tuner in Training

6.0 self destructs...

My engine builder claims I am running to much timing. Breaking ring lands on all pistons.

Can I get anyone to look at this HPT file and let me know if the timing is too far advanced?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    need more then just the tune, whats the setup? fuel? post a previous WOT log

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Goodrich View Post
    My engine builder claims I am running to much timing. Breaking ring lands on all pistons.

Can I get anyone to look at this HPT file and let me know if the timing is too far advanced?

There are two common mistakes made by novice tuners - the first is, disabling all Torque Management. The second is, copying the High Octane Spark Table to the Low Octane Spark Table - while this may briefly be necessary during VE tuning, it should never be a permanent condition.

When the High and Low Octane Spark Tables contain the same values, there is no longer any margin for the PCM to quickly adapt to the current tank of fuel, ambient air density, etc.

You have made both of these mistakes.

Broken ring lands are most often caused by detonation (knock). You either need better fuel, or a tune with a good amount of delta between the High and Low Spark Tables - or both.

That VE table is a kind of a pile too.

Not much about the tune makes sense. It's got a 2 bar OS running a 1 bar MAP sensor and the VE table is extremely rich for no reason. There should never be values of 180-300 in there.

The PE and BE fueling is pretty fat too.

What is done to this engine and what parts are being used??

What injectors and fuel pressure too??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.