Thread: Want to switch from closed to open bypass on procharger, L84 issues please advise

Want to switch from closed to open bypass on procharger, L84 issues please advise

Im wanting to swap from the closed Bypass valve on my 2020 sierra 5.3 with procharger, as ATI installed it back to the intake side. As a test I removed the tube and plugged it so no vacuum leaks were present. I let the Bypass valve just go under the hood. immediately got p0172 and p0175 both banks rich!!! So apparently the procharger tune is somehow using the Bypass pressure for extra AIR after the MAF sensor. Has anyone been through this? wondering if I should even attempt it!

My main reason is I am seeing some light surging at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and watching boost and vacuum and listening I know it has to do with the returning of air after MAF. MAF is steady as a rock.
    Last edited by jacob3318; 10-24-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    2019 Procharged 5.3, KOOKS 1 7/8 long tubes, full true dual 3? magnaflow with built in x pipe, L86 intake, and throttle body, with a shade tree tune and a F**king locked T93 trans "she runs good though" plugs look nice lol

Figured it out and found these new gen 5 don't like anything less than what the MAF has metered through the system! In other words the trucks controlling fuel based off of metered air through the MAF and once you blow out half that air out to atmosphere instead of back into itself which its already calculated for here comes the rich condition. Nevermind my question! I will find the surge somehow and report back. Its extremely light anyway
    2019 Procharged 5.3, KOOKS 1 7/8 long tubes, full true dual 3? magnaflow with built in x pipe, L86 intake, and throttle body, with a shade tree tune and a F**king locked T93 trans "she runs good though" plugs look nice lol