Thread: BAD Tune now pretty much undriveable so now what???

Potential Tuner

BAD Tune now pretty much undriveable so now what???

Hi Peeps

Thanks for taking the time to have a read.

About 4 weeks ago i did a few modification to my Ute. Mods included new injectors, Fast 102mm Manifold and a Pro-flow 102mm TB. The Ute already had other modifications done when i bought it, those mods where a really aggressive cam, exhaust, OTR, 3.46 trutrack diff button clutch etc etc so those are pretty much the all the mods fitted. I did and still do intend to get better heads as they are the stock 821 heads.

The problem i have now after taking this to a pretty reputable tuner in Adelaide the car is basically un-driveable, we spent over 7 hours on the dyno dialing in the new injectors and manifold and trying to see if we could get it tuned with those mods. On the night i did have another 102mm TB but we are sure it was just a cheap Chinese TB and it kept throwing code for the position sensor (p2135) so we put the original 90 TB back on and pretty much left it at that. After leaving the shop that night the Ute is making less than what it was making before any of the mods i put on. it was making good power upto 5500 then all of a sudden the car would run really rich and just refuse to make anything after those revs.

The problem the car has now is it revs by itself it like the cruse control is on and you fighting the brakes to slow it down, even when your coming to a stop and put the clutch in the car will sit on 2000+ revs until it comes to a complete stop even with the 90mm TB on. Im so lost in what to do because the tuner isn't available and no longer replies to me, he said it will take 3-5 days to tune those Mods and he doesn't have the time anymore. I really don't want to spend another $800-1000 trying to get someone to have a go. I have myself a PMVI 2 to have a look to see whats happening as i thought it may have been something simple he (tuner) may have overlooked and doesn't have time to fix.

I have attached a as found before any mods i did and the tune that i left the shop with, i was unable to get any scanner logs form the tuner but i did one this morning with the new 102mm TB on and its not good, if anyone can point me in the right position that would be greatly appreciated.

Maloo ute.hpl as arrived.hptMaloo ute.hpl new injector data final initial tune old throttle body.hptMaloo ute.hpl new injector data final initial tune 102mm TB.hptbad.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Try this.

If it gets you in the ball park, work on your VE table.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpt 2.hpt (820.1 KB, 27 views)

Potential Tuner
    Thanks HJ,

I'll put it in tomorrow and see what a difference it makes. I have been doing a heap of research today and have a few idea's to play with as well. I will let know how it goes.

Cheer's again