Thread: 3.6 Pentastar stumble at cruise with larger injectors

Tuner in Training

3.6 Pentastar stumble at cruise with larger injectors

I'm chasing a stumble around 2500 +/- RPM and 95 kPa. It is consistently reproducible with cruise control at a grade on the same hwy. It also happens at part throttle acceleration around the same RPM and kPa, but is very consistent with cruise control, so that is my control scenario.

The car only does this when larger FIC 660H injectors are installed. The car does not do this with the stock injectors and tune. I've changed injectors back and forth and the only correlation with the behavior is the larger injectors. The last run on the stock injectors I ran the car up and down the same stretch of road 3 times and the car was smooth as silk. Log attached.

I have the injector data provided by FIC (attached) and have used it to update the tune (attached). The attached log of the issue has the tune of just the injector data added to the tune. This is my new starting point for this thread. Previous to this I have done VE tune without NN, tried NN on, used and adjusted some other PW's and Fuel mass numbers to tune the trims and everything still ends up with this stumble in this spot.

I think I finally noticed a correlation in the log to the misfire events and erratic transmission output speed. I have a wide band, but it only captures 1 bank, so I think this is why I didn't notice it before and started to think I had tranny or TC issues, but I think what is really going on is that it is going lean. During cruise when the issue is happening, the WB AFR jumps around between 14.85-15.05 and that seems to be just enough to make it stumble. I bet if I was reading both banks with the WB the issue would show itself even more so. Anyway, I think this is the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Is there where injector offsets come into play?

I'm attached some files for review, and a few timestamp callouts.

Log = stock injectors baseline hwy cruise 3 times no misfires = good
    17:58
    27:08
    36:20

Log = FIC injectors with offsets and misfires = bad
    22:55

Reason for larger injectors is a supercharger, but right now it is removed and the goal is to make the stock configuration drivable with the larger injectors. It had the same stumble issue with and without the blower. All the variables have been removed to focus on the injectors.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Logs were too large to attach, so here is a link to my OneDrive...also in txt file below: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKoA8dq6Q1c3xH9...bEfX9?e=G4WC89
    Attached Files Attached Files