Thread: LSA Swap - No Spark and No Fuel

Tuner in Training

LSA Swap - No Spark and No Fuel

Hey guys. Newbie here. I've been working on an LSA crate engine swap into my 1972 and have run into a problem. The ECU is an E67 from a 2012 CTS-V. I had the car tuned at a shop using HPT to remove the VATS and after installing the ECU, the engine fired but quit after a couple seconds due to the fuel pump not staying on. I am using a Vaporworx fuel controller and after recontacting the tuner, he forgot to enable the use of this so the ECU was shutting it off. So no problem right? I drive my round trip of 4 hours for the change, I put in the ECU and now I have nothing. No spark. No fuel. Pump lasts maybe a second. No pulsewidth at injectors. Injectors have power. Ignition wires all good. MODIS is showing no codes. I'm just stuck. I have the hpt file if anyone would be interested in looking at it for me. Just curious how I went from just a fuel pump issue to all of a sudden not having anything. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Korndawg; 11-02-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Yo Korndawg! I'm a newbie here as well and I'm running the same setup. Built LSA with a Vaporworx system. My fuel pumps are solid and showing 43 at the fuel rails, which is what VaporWorx recommends. However, I have the exact same issue where I get no spark and no fuel. I just posted my own thread for my issues, the only difference is I'm throwing codes.

Anyway, if I figure mine out I'll be sure to share my info and tune if it helps.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jettob View Post
    Yo Korndawg! I'm a newbie here as well and I'm running the same setup. Built LSA with a Vaporworx system. My fuel pumps are solid and showing 43 at the fuel rails, which is what VaporWorx recommends. However, I have the exact same issue where I get no spark and no fuel. I just posted my own thread for my issues, the only difference is I'm throwing codes.

Anyway, if I figure mine out I'll be sure to share my info and tune if it helps.
    Happy to hear I'm not alone in this. Likewise, if u find a problem, let me know and I'll do the same!

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so I attached my scan file and tune to my original post. Tuner sent me a new ECU in case that was the issue and made changes to the tune. Now we have spark and fuel pump runs, however no injector pulse so the engine is not firing. Any help? Thanks!

The log is missing stuff and doesn't really help.

Re-poll for supported parameters and add in engine rpm, MAP kpa, injector pulse width avg.

The MAF sensor is not populating any data in that log either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Re-poll for supported parameters and add in engine rpm, MAP kpa, injector pulse width avg.

Rookie mistake. I'll have that updated in an hour or so! Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

I added those parameters. One thing that I tried was disconnecting that battery and let it sit. Upon plugging it back in, the engine did fire for a quick second before dying again. Its back to just cranking.

Tuner in Training
    Found the problem. Tuner left the Starter Fault Check enabled. Disabled that and it fired up.