Thread: NAG1 will not take shift point adjustments...

Tuner in Training

NAG1 will not take shift point adjustments...

Afternoon fellas. I'm am about to pull my hair out trying to get a 13 challenger to raise the shift points. In auto stick mode it will not go over 57-5800 and 3900 ds rpms. Even in full auto it shifts earlier than I've set. I've already contacted support because regardless of changes made to driveshaft output rpm, my shift points stay the same. They say its not a software issue and to check on the forums. I've searched and read similar happenings and tried all advice given with no luck. any help or input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance, Josh
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try using sport mode.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    How high are you trying to get it to shift, man?

Tuner in Training
    Try this and see what it does. I ran through this really quick so you can test it. This should shift at 6200ish in autostick only. Put it in autostick go wot and let it shift itself. If this works then we know its at least making changes to your TCM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for taking that time. Unfortunatley the change didn't happen. This leads me to think the vehicle has some sort of issue. again thanks for the effort, any other ideas throw em at me.

Tuner in Training
    We did a full valve train upgrade with cam swap, its still making good power where its at so I was thinking 62-6500. Just depends on where power wasn't gaining anymore on the dyno

Tuner in Training
    That?s a bummer. Has the rear end ratio been changed? That could make things weird if it was off. Y?all may need see if you can get another TCM to try. Just watch the year and rear gear ratio in the TCM you get. Also the electrical connector was different on some. I?m not sure if HP can change gear ratio on those yet. I haven?t actually had to try recently. Idk just kinda thinking out loud.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper723 View Post
    That?s a bummer. Has the rear end ratio been changed? That could make things weird if it was off. Y?all may need see if you can get another TCM to try. Just watch the year and rear gear ratio in the TCM you get. Also the electrical connector was different on some. I?m not sure if HP can change gear ratio on those yet. I haven?t actually had to try recently. Idk just kinda thinking out loud.

Thank you again. I'm gonna try the tcm module, thanks for the advice on that as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Just spitballing here, but you didn't happen to perform an EGS5x init after making changes, did you? Reason I ask is because I've seen it mentioned on here before that doing so will revert any/all changes back to stock.

I'm not sure how that's possible, but it might be worth looking into.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    Just spitballing here, but you didn't happen to perform an EGS5x init after making changes, did you? Reason I ask is because I've seen it mentioned on here before that doing so will revert any/all changes back to stock.

I'm not sure how that's possible, but it might be worth looking into.

Hey man, I hadn't until the very end just to try that option. Thank you though

Tuner in Training
    Just an update, Tried a new TCM and still no luck.

Under Transmission - Shift Scheduling - Part Throttle/Performance/WOT you need to change all of them to desired RPM while also doing the math for trans gears. So NAG1 first gear is 3.59. Lets say 6200 RPM is what you want to hit, 6200/3.59 = 1727 RPM that would be 1-2 Shift. That needs to be above 80% Pedal Voltage in the Part Throttle 1-2 table as well as WOT 1-2 Shifts. 1st=3.59, 2nd=2.19, 3rd=1.41, 4th=1.0. Math is pretty simple from there. Desired RPM / Transmission gear = Output Shaft Speed, and don't forget to adjust TCM limits as well as fuel cutoff limits.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

Advanced Tuner
    Email me. I will fix it for you. [email protected]
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A