Thread: RTT Enhancement E38 ECM for IDLE Tuning

RTT Enhancement E38 ECM for IDLE Tuning

Hey guys (HPTuners), is it possible for us to get real-time tuning just for the idle part of the tune on a E38's
    man I thank it could do some real good letting the car idle while we turn the screws, instead of making a change and then shutting it off and uploading a change then checking out the way it runs and making another change and having to do the whole thing all over and over again.

I looked at through some of the Forum a while back and Bill talked about real time tuning being able to be used on a Modded LS, (12.28.2006) what ever became of it? I've been scouring the internet and the HPT Forum???

Not going to happen. It's only available on the P01 computers and nothing else.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    This question has been asked ever since the Gen 4 E38 Corvette debuted in 2006. The answer has never changed.

RTT was only available for Gen 3 LS (24x / 1x) P01 and P59 PCMs - where it was possible to load the add-on (RTT) utility, into the PCM's flash memory.

This was not possible with the subsequent Gen 4 (58x / 4x) ECMs.

Quite clearly you have not done much tuning. There are many good threads (on this forum and others) regarding E38 / E67 Idle tuning. This is a bit of an art - your first one will take many hours and many attempts - but the E38 / E67 ECMs can be tuned to idle very well - even with large camshafts.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your file and log of current issue, i am sure many of us can help
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thanks guys, I do have some small issues but not home at the moment. I'll definitely put up a log so you guys can take a look at, my problem is I've changed from the VVE to a 2 bar SD tune, my car feels a lot peppier but I'm having issues when I come to a stop or just idling. Just a little about the car, 2010 Camaro SS, Forged LS3, AGP Twin Turbo kit (57mm) AEM Meth kit, Flex Fuel (93ot most of the time) Livernois dual fuel pumps, (changed out the 2 190LPH pumps to 2 AEM 340LPH Pumps) runs 58psi at idle. It's also an M6 car with ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gearing just incase it matters. It also has CNC Ported heads and a Mild Turbo cam 578/587 lift lsa 112, Duration at 050. inch Lift: 226 int./232 exh. Ill post a log as soon as I can get back home, Thanks

yeah I'm trying to get ready for it, working in and out of town not getting a lot of time with the car but doing some reading as I get the chance. If I could only take it with me, would be nice.

wow guys the most curious thing happened today I got in my car and started it up to get a log, wouldn't you know it started right up idle perfectly didn't hunt at all, drove the car no hunting coming to the light, it did exactly what it was supposed to do the only thing different is it has about 70% ethanol in the tank and the weather has changed it's much cooler! guess I'll keep trying to get a log where it acts up, thanks guys