Thread: L86 Swap O2 sensors won't go into closed loop - help needed

Potential Tuner

L86 Swap O2 sensors won't go into closed loop - help needed

Hello,

Looking for any of the following help/advice/a tuner for hire. I have a modded l86/8l90 swap into a 2015 JK using the Motech swap kit. There are a few issues that need to be worked out. The first is that we can't get it to go into closed loop mode, we've replaced both O2 sensors, MAF sensor, temp sensor is reading correctly. Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated as we are a bit stumped and not versed in Gen5 motors. I am looking to hire someone to help tune this thing. I've attached the base tune from Motech that is currently loaded on the vehicle and our most recent log.

The secondary issues are that when we put it into reverse or drive it revs up if the brake is depressed and it will start in any gear (cranking is handled by the Chrysler ECM)

Motor L86
    Mods
    TSP 225/231, .635"/.635 Stage 4 Truck cam, all the other top end bits were upgraded by TSP to go with the cam
    LT1 Intake Manifold with ZR1 Throttle Body
    Flowtech L86 Truck headers

Transmission came with a t87, tried a t87a no difference in trans issues
    8L90 with Circle D billet torque converter

Potential Tuner
    Bump

Potential Tuner
    So I am not the guy to help tune it, but I just swapped my 2012 JKU to a 2018 L86 with 8L90E and have none of the issues you are referring to. I would be happy to send over what I have if you would like. The only change I have made is to disable DOD. Maybe it is a 2015 - 2012 difference. I assume you have talked to Robbie? He has been very helpful in getting my questions answered.

Like you said, Chrysler handles sending the 12V which is simply passed by the MoTech stuff down to the starter without touching it or blocking it. If the Chrysler side is sending 12V on start when the vehicle is in a gear other than park, then that is a Chrysler side problem. Chrysler has no idea where the transmission is, only where the shift lever is. Maybe something is hosed on the shift lever? Since GM doesn't look at the 12V to start, if you were to put the GM trans in Drive manually, and put the Chrysler shifter in park, it would start since GM couldn't care less what gear the transmission is in, and Chrysler has no clue, just where the shifter is.

I did the entire swap myself, so any help I can provide, I would be happy to do so.

As for the revving when brake is depressed, where did you attach the vacuum for the Brake Master? Since you have an LT1 manifold, I assume you attached it to the rear of the manifold in the factory position for GM. Maybe you have something drawing too much vacuum causing the engine to rev to replace it? If you do not have DOD off, the intake will not generate enough vacuum to power the brakes, and this could be the issue causing it to rev, but I am not 100% sure.

Billy

Potential Tuner
    Billy, would you mind sending your Jeep and GM ECU tunes to me? I just had a 2019 L86 and 10L80 swapped into my 2012 JK and can?t get the cruise control to work. The cruise indicator on the dash goes on and off with the button but the speed won?t set. I would love to do a compare in VCM Editor and see if I can figure out what?s going on. Thanks!

Im also not so sure mine is going into closed loop, and the ambient temp reads -40F and I?m not sure if that is affecting the tune.
    Last edited by JeepinAR; 11-14-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Potential Tuner
    sublime, I did a compare of your GM ECU tune to mine...there is hardly any difference.
    mine vs OP.JPG