Thread: Gen 4 VVE histogram filtering out manifold position

Potential Tuner

Gen 4 VVE histogram filtering out manifold position

Not for nothing, is there a filter formula out there to generate a manifold open or closed specific histogram when dialing in vve? Not sure it even matters so much do try, generally ive always copied manifold open to the closed and it pans out close enough. Screwed around a bit tonight with using throttle position filtering against my error histogram with no luck which lead me to 3 hours digging through the threads, also with no luck. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    If you don't have a variable-length intake runner, then it's all the same, right?

Potential Tuner
    Have to check, but i believe so, that is all still stock at the moment. I mean correct me if im wrong but "manifold switch" is in reference to the actual throttle blade being in either open or closed position, where the length of the runners shouldnt matter, and the 2 vve tables would be applicable to throttle part open or closed?

Advanced Tuner
    The manifold switch refers to a valve inside the intake manifold that effectively changes the runner size/length for different RPM's. If you are running an LS motor with a standard composite intake and no manifold valve (all cars that I know of), I believe it actually uses the "open" table for fueling calculations, but everyone typically just makes the open and closed tables the same.

Also make sure you're accounting for Injector Tip Temperature offset if you have non-stock injectors. It will screw with your tuning if not considered.
    Last edited by RobZL1; 10-27-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hum well that makes way more sense, i have yet to come across anything with that setup yet, just now catching up with the times on the gen 4 and 5 platforms so apologies for the incompetence. Havent stepped up injector size yet, thats next seasons project when we get into boost, just mild cam, springs, and long tubes, but will definitely take note of that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    Also make sure you're accounting for Injector Tip Temperature offset if you have non-stock injectors. It will screw with your tuning if not considered.
    Could you please explain this a little more or point me towards an explanation? Thanks!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    Could you please explain this a little more or point me towards an explanation? Thanks!!
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ip-Temperature

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you!