Thread: Red eye false knock and or ? I been through these forums and think its time to ask

Tuner in Training

Red eye false knock and or ? I been through these forums and think its time to ask

I have been reviewing my log file from last weekends racing from what I understand on hellcats from reading post in this forum you will not see KR on the scanner unless its severe, I was running my car on 104plus with demon timing ho table, because I had to go back to stock pulley last minute, my supercharger is quiet and there was absolutely no pump gas in this car, once the knock sensors v climbs a little maybe past .90v it starts pulling torq but I'm not sure exactly how, i see knock tables would start there but I see no timing pulled on log, i see throttle duty cycle vary and torq and it looks like car ran terrible in the logs, but I could not feel it, you can see torq values dip not only during shifts as expected with TQ management, but it seems to hang and dip in middle of gears as well. Any help advise on this be appreciated, I feel like I need to desensitize the knock sensors a bit, but not confident enough yet to do so, I thought about running demon 116 to verify but I still have half a tank of 104, I did make 30 plus passes all ran almost identical every pass last weekend even back to back passes as I was running in multiple classes. It appears to me I am losing some power in between ever gear.

10.17 @135.7 1.46 60.ft 1700da 88% humidity full weight 4720lbs with me 19 red eye wb with stock pullies air filter etc, mid pipes and 1200cc injectors and tune are only mods, 315/50/17 and 104 race gas.

With a stock pulley on it I was not expecting to see the dips in the data log I am seeing as the supercharger is not spinning faster than stock , is this simply false knock, or have I have overlooked or something I misunderstand?
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can only test it with external knock sensors. Beware of Setting the tresh higher without logging knock.

Tuner in Training
    I do not think I an experiencing knock, there is more than one thread that says people need to accepts that these IHI superchargers are noisy, that being said are they generally noisy even stock pullies? the car runs good this tune made 35 some back to back passes this weekend very consistent, I am sure people in here that look at HC datalogs all day know what they see on knock sensors. On a side note I did lower the timing in the same areas where it was losing torq made a pass and it made no difference but slowed the car down a bit!

After looking again, the gear is changing, so I think false knock is from shifting.