Thread: 2006 5.3 with btr stage 3 cam, ported heads........help with tune

Potential Tuner

2006 5.3 with btr stage 3 cam, ported heads........help with tune

i have a buddys truck he had it tuned and i am posting the tune below he has the trailblazer ss intake. btr stage 3 truck cam, heads ported and polished and .10 over size intake valves. i need help gettin this thing to idle right when u put in gear and go it goes to 1200rpm roughly and wont go below.. also its getting to much fuel at idle,.. and idle aint where it should be. anyone care to help a newbie07 silveradobigtirestune.hpl2007silveradobuildstock.hpt

Potential Tuner
    i ahve the guides on how to set idle ect the issue is its been tuned and im not sure what all was changed orignally

It's getting too much fuel because the fuel trims are extremely positive and it's adding in a ton of fuel just to keep it happy. Verify you have zero vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks. Also make sure fuel pressure is within spec.

I'd be very hesitant to just blindly add a bunch of fuel to the MAF/VE to make the trims happy without looking for other reasons why first.

I don't really like how the timing tables are setup. The over/underspeed spark corrections could be better to help with idling and the min spark retard is setup all wrong. This thing will knock itself to death in the min timing under a spark retard event is 21 degrees, it would never let it pull timing to save itself. I'd return that to stock.

Looks like the rear o2 sensors are disabled but COT was never turned off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.