Thread: Data Log

Potential Tuner

Data Log

Forgive me for I am new at all of this:
    I?m currently tuned with SCT but my tuner would like me to use hpTuning for data logging to see parameters he cannot see on SCT. Long story short how do I go about registering my computer to use an MPVI device and connect with my car. The device i have borrowed from another tuner. Is there a free way to get that device to recognize my computer without licensing fees or such ( if there are any). Again. Completely oblivious to how to go about this. Thank you in advance.

PS. My tuner said that it shouldnt cost a thing but to ask you guys since you guys might be more knowledgeable

It costs nothing. Plug it in and open the VCM scanner. At the top in the vehicle tab you can click connect to vehicle, then re-poll for supported parameters. Now you can log stuff by clicking the red record button.

Learning how the use the scanner is on your time. Your tuner will need to give you the list of parameters to add and remove the main channels list on the left hand side. Anything you want to log must be present in that list otherwise you will get no data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.