Thread: Stoich

Stoich

Looking at a tune file from a 408 supercharged trailblazer ss. Its open loop sd. The stoich is to 25.***. Anybody shed light on why? Truck runs pretty good om 93 octane. No major drivability issues.

Senior Tuner
    It would be best to post the tune. However, it could be that the injectors have been scaled. What year model is the TBSS? And what injectors are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    It would be best to post the tune. However, it could be that the injectors have been scaled. What year model is the TBSS? And what injectors are you running?
    Supposed to be FIC1000. walbro 450
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kthunt; 10-28-2020 at 02:50 PM.

The injector flow rate limit on that computer is 63lb/hr so you must double the stoich, half the IFR and half the IVT terms to scale them in there.

It looks like it wasn't done right either. If you double 14.68 you get 29.36. It should not be 25.59 as that isn't double. The IVT terms have not been cut in half either. The 1000cc injectors are 100lb/hr and the current flow rate table doesn't look like it's been cut in half exactly right for the double stoich method. I don't have the injector data to double check.

I would fix the injector data and re-work the MAF and VVE tables.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks 5fdp. That is the conclusion i came to as well. Was looking at this tune to do a maf tune vs the open loop sd tune it currently has. My question is since these appear to have been changed, how will i know where the ivt started to correctly half it?

Compare it with a stock file if you need to double check stuff. From memory what is in there right now is stock.

If you fix the stoich and IVT table it should be ready to go for MAF/VVE corrections. So long as the flow rate data is in there correctly right now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.