I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP and the VCM Scanner is not showing all of the channels that are available from the vehicle.

I have found that with GM using PIDS 0x00, 0x20 and 0x3F on mode $01 does not properly report the PIDS that are available.

On my vehicle an example of this is PID 0x23. If following the descriptions for this pid it would be the fuel pressure for a diesel. On my vehicle this is the low pressure fuel pump pressure (located in the tank). There are a bunch of PIDS that do have data populated but the PIDS are not listed as being supported by the vehicle. The only way to populate a list of available PIDS is to send out a request for each one and see if a response comes back.

The other thing that would be a nice feature to have is the ability to do a range scan.. So with GM the enhanced PIDS are in mode $22. If we could have the availability to scan a range of PIDS and see the data that is returned if any then enhanced PIDS can be reverse engineered. There would also need to be a way to enter enhanced PIDS and equations into the scanner to allow them to be used. I am not sure if this exists or not, I have not come across it yet.