Thread: At whits end!

At whits end!

Sorry im new to tuning and all, but i have done alot of reading and watched many videos on how to get a decent grip on this tuning software and am still stumped. I have the mpvi2 pro software, but for the life of me when i try to copy the short term trim histogram to the maf table it doesnt do anything period. Tried paste percent, half percent etc and nothing, values stay the same. Only thing ive done to my setup that would actually let me is turn my idle up. I quadruple checked the pid's for logging everything and they are fine, from what ive gathered. I got an 02 tahoe with a stock rebuilt 5.3 except for a btr stage 2 v2 cam kit. I have a innovate mtx-l plus wideband as well and for some reason it wont log either. Anyone know any tips or tricks to figure this stuff out?

I have since fixed everything that wasnt working before in the scanner and got a decent log done. But i cannot post my log file or the tune file. I didnt find any info anywhere on how to post them so i guess im limited to post them or?

Senior Tuner
    Just click the Go Advanced button below and attach your calibration file and a datalog. We can help you then.

Thanks!! Sorry it took so long to get back on here. I have attached my tune file and log file. It runs good as it is with no idle or surging issues. I did turn up the idle spark advance a couple degrees as shown on some videos, and also modified the torque management some. Other than that i havent messed with the ve table, idle airflow, maf table or base spark tables. I forgot to mention this has an ICT knock sensor delete plate so im probly going to have issues not being able to log spark retard. This log was just in normal mode, was not in closed loop as i cant figure out what to turn off to log that. Every video or article i read says to change certain stuff that i dont have in my version of software so i didnt mess with it.

02 Tahoe stock tune idle turned up, idle advance set to 20 degreespk, 22 drive, tq managmnt chan.hpt02 Tahoe.hpl
    Last edited by mjc79; 11-07-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The fuel table isn't too far off. It's a relatively small cam, so it won't require a lot of major changes.

If it tries to go dead when you stop, you might need to increase the minimum airflow table by 20% or so.

Here are a few things that will help performance...
    Disable the PE Enable delays. Target a more reasonable AF ratio in your PE table.
    Target around 24- 25 degrees timing at WOT on 87 octane.
    Disable the Abuse mode.
    Reduce transmission TM.
    Add a bit of transmission line pressure.

Ok thank you very much! Im not worried about upping transmission pressure as the tranny is a built one and already has a shift kit installed. The engine is getting broke in at the moment so wont be doing any wot stuff for a bit lol. But all in all it idles great and doesnt stall or anything while driving or in park, so i guess the idle airflow is good for now. I havent really noticed any difference in power since the rebuild with this cam vs the stock motor driving around. A friend of mine drove it a few times and said he noticed a diference but i just cant see it lol. Might be because the truck sat for 8 months before it got rebuilt and i forgot what it felt like i dunno.

Ok since i've had more time to explore this tuning software i came across a couple things that have me puzzled. Both are on the transmission torque management side not the engine side. One shows the abuse enable at 1200 rpm. The other shows 100% reduction of torque starting at 2K rpm. Are these right or are they wrong?

IMG_20210515_154449100 by Michael Craig, on Flickr

IMG_20210515_154459148 by Michael Craig, on Flickr
    Last edited by mjc79; 05-15-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Those settings are correct. They prevent you from shfting between neutral and drive or reverse at higher throttle opening and higher rpm like rocking the thing if it were stuck in snow or doing a neutral drop burnout.

Ok thank you very much!