Thread: Anyone have a L87 tune file? My maf curve looks like a pyramid. Bad ecm from HP?

Advanced Tuner

Anyone have a L87 tune file? My maf curve looks like a pyramid. Bad ecm from HP?

Anyone have a L87 Silverado tune file I can take a look at? I finally got into my first 2020 Silverado (what a pain that was) and I noticed the maf curve is a giant spike (early in the range too). It makes zero sense to me. I pulled the tune from the new ecm we received from HP and it just doens't look right. The car will start and only hold an idle if we give it gas.

Potential Tuner
    It's a different style MAF than earlier trucks. It looks funky. Did you do the restore thing that they want you to do? You have to reload a bunch of settings because they don't send you the original ECM back from the unlock service.

Stock tune (2020 5.3 silverado) attached.stock read (internet).hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I restored it and got everything done. The maf curve just had me scratching my head. It looks backwards for sure. Any tips on tuning these?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    Yeah I restored it and got everything done. The maf curve just had me scratching my head. It looks backwards for sure. Any tips on tuning these?
    The 2020 model Silverados MAF curves are backwards from the tradition GM MAF. They still function the same...but backwards.