Thread: Cammed 357 Idling Issues E38

Tuner in Training

Cammed 357 Idling Issues E38

Hey all,
    I have been through Big Mike's thread on idle tuning and a few others. I'm still getting RPM error as high as 100+
    I've brought my idle spark table up by 4 degrees.. wasn't sure if I should set the whole thing to 28.
    Relaxed all the overspeed/underspeed tables. Maxed out the proportional error to 4.

It also dies at stop signs, and I don't have the same TCC Limit option on my computer that others do.

Could someone take a look at this and see what I need to do?
    Tryna learn, but this is pretty overwhelming...

Cam is 228/232 duration @ .050
    Already been through the MAF and SD tuning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    ????

Tuner
    2009 Silverado 357 newtune1 Try.hpt

Have a look at the changes I have made to the attached file and compare them to yours, give them a try. Idle RPM and Idle Airflow tables as well as the Spark Base and Coastdown tables. That should get you started.

You really have a lot of work to do on both your maf and vve tables too.

Cheers.
    Last edited by JasonHSV; 11-04-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hey Thanks Jason,
    Lowest cell I could usually hit on MAF was 3600. I noticed in the Base Airflow you created was 91 lb/hr, which is really close to the 90 lb/hr I got in the 3600 cell. Looks promising. I will run a log here in a few minutes. How did you come up with these changes?

I havent been able to hit many low cells on the VVE idling at 1100... and for some reason, when I'd do logs and then "multiply by half on the VVE, the idle area would switch back and forth to rich or lean (roughly 8% too lean or too rich) each time..
    Last edited by rhighfil82; 11-06-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Tuner
    Hi mate, Sent you a PM but also check out your 02 sensors. Look at the 02 sensor voltage on your log.

Cheers.
    Last edited by JasonHSV; 11-06-2020 at 04:42 PM.