Thread: Filtering out commanded EQ ratio during transition period?

Filtering out commanded EQ ratio during transition period?

I'm wondering if it is possible to filter out the area below outline in blue. It's the point where Commanded EQ goes from 1.00 to PE mode 0.75. The data in my scan is getting skewed (showing lean) during the transition period. I've setup a filter [Commanded EQ]=1 OR [Commanded EQ]=0.75, but it is still logging a little bit of the bad data, as you can see once it switches to 0.75 lambda the wideband is showing lean

HPTUNERS.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ View Post
    I'm wondering if it is possible to filter out the area below outline in blue. It's the point where Commanded EQ goes from 1.00 to PE mode 0.75. The data in my scan is getting skewed (showing lean) during the transition period. I've setup a filter [Commanded EQ]=1 OR [Commanded EQ]=0.75, but it is still logging a little bit of the bad data, as you can see once it switches to 0.75 lambda the wideband is showing lean

HPTUNERS.JPG
    I just ran across a youtube video tutorial about truncating log files. You could split the log in two, one log pre-pe and one post-pe, then apply each log to your tune. Basically select "log file" - "export" and it gives you the option of creating a new log file consisting only of the data in the zoom area. Just make sure the transition is outside the zoom area.

*Edit*
    Actually, scratch that... next page has discussion on filters. You could probably apply an avg filter to remove that transition data.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...anation-how-to
    Last edited by JtblckZ; 11-10-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Senior Tuner
    it only works for commanded 1.0 anything alse because of decimal points never equals it, if u command .75 change it so it shows all decimal places and u will see u have to get all those right so the filter works, would be good it it only needed say 3 decimal places would be much easier, u can use the time filter and use PE FTC number so when u enter PE it removes .5 sec before and after to get rid of the error

We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks, Keith. I even read through the help files.. not sure how I missed that. Sorry for taking up your time!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Link doesnt work anymore