Thread: WOT No shift from 5th to 6th

Senior Tuner

WOT No shift from 5th to 6th

Hi all, ran out of road but the car should have shifted into 6th as per tune. I'd sure appreciate a quick peak by anyone to see what I have missed. Only thing I can see in the tune that may be the culprit is the trans referencing the 'Hot' table. ECT looked ok from what I logged.
    Any thoughts at all much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 10-30-2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added complete log & layout

Tuner in Training
    hey

humm yes
    you look to have hit the shift points: kph/rpm
    TPS not quite 100%?

agree if its seeing 'hot' it would highly likely never change
    Except - Hot - WOT - RPM - 6500rpm

Senior Tuner
    Updated attachments in first post to show all the data points. TPS definitely at 100%. I'll adjust the hot tables to match the others to rule that out.

Presuming from your profile name and if you are auto, you'd know the HSV's do go into this 'track mode' after certain qualifications are met for which there are no tables on HPT to adjust. In this case I was in Drive as opposed to Sport so I should not have entered that mode. And on decel it did not downshift to keep the revs up so I am very confident that mode wasn't active which may block a shift to 6th.

Tuner in Training
    Hey
    Yes i see there now pattern B -WOT in the scanner
    set at 278kph and 6500rpm should have likely shifted.

If it was me i would try lower it to 250kph and try again

your engine is supercharged LS3?

yes mine is LSA Auto

Senior Tuner
    Sure, I'll drop it down and set some random values in a few other tables to see which one it was looking at. Good suggestion, thanks

Gen F2 LSA R8, stock bottom end and stock trans with aftermarket stall.

I try to get to 6th in TUTD Mode and change the TCC appy/release by the values you have done.
    Not tried it out yet.
    There is no way to get in 6th at WOT by automatic. It seems this is set in TCM Hardware.
    I wish there will be a fix, HPTuners gives no response about the known issue - if there couldnt be a Trigger, an Information would help.
    Sure, the tranny isnt built for that, but cruising in 6th over 200kph would help to save fuel - especially for the ones who changed their gears.

Senior Tuner
    Unreal. Was hoping to change to 3.73 gears too. Currently on 3.23. Will be holding off...

Just to clarify, does tapping into 6th work? It's not often I can test a high speed run like that hense the question.

Tuner in Training
    nice one LSA R8

Senior Tuner