Thread: LSA tune... what is going on here

Tuner in Training

LSA tune... what is going on here

Hey guys,
    the tune i'm about to post is from a car I'm storing for a buddy of mine. It's a 2014 camaro zl1 with an LSA. I'm new to tuning so I decided to scan his car and see what the tune looked like. It seems like it has a lot of timing for the 91 octane gas we have here. the PE seems a little weird too. I was just looking for some insight into the tune for educational purposes. is this tune completely normal?
    thanks for the information.
    Tyler
    2014 zl1 camaro stock tune.hpt

It looks stock from a quick look through.

The timing looks a little high but remember that there are tables taking away timing. Like the coolant temp and intake air temp spark correction tables will remove timing pretty quickly if need be.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    How does the computer decide between high and low octane tables? It seemed a little odd to me that they would make the base timing higher than an N/A setup even with the temp tables pulling timing.

Timing is picked based on the knock learn factor. I'm having a blank if that computer goes from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1.

Either way if it's normal it will be on the high octane table, if it drops to .50 it will blend half way and all the other percentage points in between.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    It goes 0 to 1 as it sees knock, then slowly creeps back toward 0 if no knock is seen. Ive had to adjust my knock learn to avoid ?learning? when it is just a random 1 or 2 degrees of KR putting me into the low octane chart some percentage.

Potential Tuner
    Hot throttle on PE should not be that low of a percentage. factory is around 80%.

EQ ratio on PE is a little higher than stock also.