Thread: Newbie Question, Sorry In Advance.

Potential Tuner

Newbie Question, Sorry In Advance.

Hi all and sorry for the Newbie Question, but here goes anyway.

My wife and I own one of the largest Transmission and Drivetrain facilities in the State of Florida, located in the City of Melbourne. We almost daily encounter lifted trucks and late model cars with transmissions blown B/C of larger tire size and gear ratio changes that were never programmed into their ECM/TCM. Today's modern computers require correct Tire/Gear sizing for means of "Shift Points and Shift Strategy", hence my questions: Can I use a single device to make these changes per vehicle, which covers many brands? Or do I need the customer to purchase a device for each vehicle? The 1st option would be the most beneficial by minimizing customer expenses by only having to buy "Credits" versus having the expense of the "Unit". I suppose as an option I can apply to become a reseller, but I don't have the time to support the device above my aforementioned needs and areas of experience.

Again sorry for the newbie Question, hopefully this wont get me Flamed to a crisp.

Thanks in advance ............

www.richmondtransmissionservice.com

You being the owner of the device would be all that is required.

Each vehicle has a certain credit amount and it would only cost you that amount to license the calibration file to make changes.

I know far more about GM vehicles than I do Ford and Dodge so doing changes to them may be done in different ways than GM trucks.

Anything Pre-2017 on the GM side is rather easy to do. Just be aware that sometimes you may not be able to program it exactly how it sits because we can not program other modules. For example the whole ABS system might freak out if you told the computer it was running 37's but it won't freak out if you said it was running 34's or 35's just to get things close. Of course you can go into the calibration and hand manipulate tables, change shift points and lock up converter settings if need be.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.