Thread: Wideband and HP tuners not matching

Potential Tuner

Wideband and HP tuners not matching

OK, guys, I have an Aeroforce dual wideband system and the gauge seems to be reading right but HP Tuner seems to be reading a little high for example if the gauges are reading 14.56 the scanner is reading 14.75 these numbers are just examples not set numbers. I have the gauge set up just like they want you to set it up 2 in the slope and 10 as the intercept values in the gauge and 0.5 and 10 in the scale in HP Tuners scanner and like I said I think the gauge is reading right but HP tuners is reading high not low like most wideband do when you have a ground offset. so is there a way for me to find out what my ground offset really is and to make sure the gauge and HP tuners are reading the same and reading what it really should be if there is anyone out there that has a dual Aeroforce wideband system that can help me get this set up right or anyone that can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Royce

I think you just need to change the last value so it can match. In the channel setup you can change the 10 to like a 9.8 or maybe even lower so it matches what the gauge shows.

I had to do that years ago when setting up an AEM wideband in HP Tuners.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Beware. The ground offset at idle is, probably, not the same as the ground offset under load. The offset voltage in a wideband signal comes from the high current draw of the sensor heater. The current used by the heater changes with EGT and exhaust flow. So, making the number match at idle does not correct the signal over the full range.

Example: Here, you can see how the heater voltage varies with RPM and load. Unfortunately, I did not record EGT.
    That heater voltage signal impresses on the ground offset voltage.
    heater2.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images