Thread: 2002 mustang gt tuning

Tuner

2002 mustang gt tuning

I am tuning my 2002 mustang gt with 5.4 supercharged lightning swap. I have return fuel system set to 40 psi with 420lph fuel pump. deka siemens 60lb injectors. sct ba2600 maf and pulley. I am having problem setting the injectors. I tried the data from previous forum but it act really weird. Also tried to cut the flow rate high, low and breakpoint along with the engine size and still does't work. the best result I got with the gt500 injectors data and raping the maf slightly, but had problem with cold start it goes very rich and has lean spike when press on the paddle. I tried to increase the transient table with no luck. I think my problem is the injector data. does anyone now what is the correct way to tune it or correct data for these injectors? Also, does the ba2600 has a specific transfer function? any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive done several hundred eec's with the siemens injectors and have never had a problem. Make sure you scale everything in half to precent clipping the injector limit.

Otherwise its pretty simple and straight forward. Go in there and get your maf dialed in.

Transient fuel cannot be adjusted until after your maf is dialed in.

startup enrichment has absolutely nothing to do with any of that and needs to be dialed in manually.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Ive done several hundred eec's with the siemens injectors and have never had a problem. Make sure you scale everything in half to precent clipping the injector limit.

Otherwise its pretty simple and straight forward. Go in there and get your maf dialed in.

Transient fuel cannot be adjusted until after your maf is dialed in.

startup enrichment has absolutely nothing to do with any of that and needs to be dialed in manually.

Hi decipha

Thanks for all your write ups. I got a 2000 2v with a mp112 supercharger running ford racing 60lbs. Using your write up i was able to scale everything that i could think of in half, got the maf dialed in, under wot afr is nice and stable, having issues when the pedal moves it over fuels and idle tuning. Stock cams.

Advanced Tuner
    if it goes too rich on tip in and the maf is dialed in then you need to increase the manifold volume to reduce pump shot

idle tuning is simple just dial in dashpot so it comes back down to idle stable

idle itself shouldn't require anything since you have stock cams
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/