Thread: Whipple 132mm TB data HELP!

Advanced Tuner

Whipple 132mm TB data HELP!

Does anyone have the unmodified data for the Whipple 132mm for 11-14 Coyote? Is it different for 15+? I have some files but all are different except for two that were listed as Cobra Jet files, but neither listed which TB the file was for. Someone sent me a file recently, but it was read with the MPVI2 and I have MPVI, so I couldn't read it. Any help is appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    If you go to the Repository and do a general search under these criteria 2013-14, ford, mustang one of those will have a super cobrajet stock file that was posted. Theres one thats NA and another thats sublabeled whipple 2.9. They use whipple throttle bodys so it might get you where you need to be or at least super close. Also have you tried contacting whipple and asking for the data?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    If you go to the Repository and do a general search under these criteria 2013-14, ford, mustang one of those will have a super cobrajet stock file that was posted. Theres one thats NA and another thats sublabeled whipple 2.9. They use whipple throttle bodys so it might get you where you need to be or at least super close. Also have you tried contacting whipple and asking for the data?
    That's the files I have. Whipple will not give any data.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    That's the files I have. Whipple will not give any data.
    I'll check when I get home but im sure the NA cobra jet file uses a SCJ monoblade.

Does anyone have the unmodified data for the Whipple 132mm for 11-14 Coyote? Is it different for 15+? I have some files but all are different except for two that were listed as Cobra Jet files, but neither listed which TB the file was for. Someone sent me a file recently, but it was read with the MPVI2 and I have MPVI, so I couldn't read it. Any help is appreciated.
    PM sent

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    I'll check when I get home but im sure the NA cobra jet file uses a SCJ monoblade.
    Wouldn't that be a Ford TB, not Whipple?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    PM sent
    PM sent back. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    OK, for anyone trying to find the data for the Whipple 132mm for Copperhead...it doesn't exist or at least I can't find it. The 2014 SCJ file in repository is for a FRPP 149mm TB, not the Whipple. So, what I did was take the tricore data and modify it slightly. The tricore has 18 columns of data and the Copperhead only has 14. I removed column 1,3,5 and 7 and loaded it and I was able to dial in trims with 3 revs. I have not tuned the TB for errors yet, because I'm having belt issues with the car, but my first impression is that it is very close to being correct. Here are the tables before and after the changes. Hope this helps someone.

Unmodified S550 132mm data.png

Modified 132mm from S550 file.png
    Last edited by txcharlie; 01-22-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. Good info

Advanced Tuner
    Update on this...I believe this data works pretty well. I did a couple of revisions for angle error and have all less than 1*, also with little to no IPC error. No surge or dip in the throttle transitioning into boost. I made 1 correction to STIT and it settles to 0.0x. For idle airflow, I used the 149mm data and reduced by 88.6%, since that info is not available in the Tricore file.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 02-03-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Update on this...I believe this data works pretty well. I did a couple of revisions for angle error and have all less than 1*, also with little to no IPC error. No surge or dip in the throttle transitioning into boost. I made 1 correction to STIT and it settles to 0.0x. For idle airflow, I used the 149mm data and reduced by 88.6%, since that info is not available in the Tricore file.

Hi, what do you mean with STIT ?

this is the throttle body where we are talking about right ?

whipple throttle 022.jpgwhipple throttle 011.jpg

Tuner in Training
    hi,

i just tried these settings. but its still no good. fluctuating throttle and power.
    its a full whipple kit. and i have bought there software as well. but its shit. they tried 4 updates all shit worse then the first file they send.
    i read out there file, put back the partnumbers and OS numbers etc in Winols and flashed back in with Kess2
    then i whas able to read out there file with HPtuners and make modifications.... has anybody any tips ?

Tuner in Training
    post the tune file and I will do my best to help you with it.

Ahmad.
    Ahmad Aboelomarein

Ford Certified Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by KCPerformance View Post
    Hi, what do you mean with STIT ?

this is the throttle body where we are talking about right ?

whipple throttle 022.jpgwhipple throttle 011.jpg
    I can not tell, by looking at your pic, which TB that is. I can tell that's a different blower from my 2.9L Whipple. What year is you car? STIT is Short Term Idle Trim. The data I posted will not work as is, because it is a modification of the '15 Whipple data. It requires some tuning to lower the errors and improve operation.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 03-25-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Advanced Tuner

Your data could still be perfect and correct for your tune and could be a good starting point for a lot of people. There are three main sections in HPT that affect how smooth the throttle body runs so if you're having rough spots or throttle oscillation, obviously check the throttle body models, your driver demand, and where most of the issues are at is in the torque/inverse tables.

You do need to know formulas or techniques because you can have smoother light throttle driving populating better numbers at low vacuum. But any change made to the effective area table, an equivalent change must be made to the throttle angle table so area and angle equal close to spot on.

Advanced Tuner
    I have it tuned with a very smooth response, but a bit laggy. The method I use to correct TB error is from the Tuning School and they say to tune with part throttle, up to Effective Area of 4.95 in2. When I do a WOT pull, I see TB errors. Here is a snip from the pull.
    Attached Images Attached Images